|Full name||Catrin Maria Nilsmark|
30 August 1967 |
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Spouse||Fredrik Nilsmark (1998–)|
|Children||Tuva Augusta, Sigge|
|College||University of South Florida|
|Former tour(s)||LPGA Tour (1995–2005)
Ladies European Tour
|Number of wins by tour|
|Ladies European Tour||2|
|Best results in LPGA major championships
|ANA Inspiration||T15: 2003|
|Women's PGA C'ship||T9: 1998|
|U.S. Women's Open||7th: 1996|
|du Maurier Classic||T34: 1999|
|Women's British Open||T4: 2002|
Nilsmark was born in Gothenburg, Sweden. She had a very successful amateur career being a member of the Swedish national team from 1983–87. She was the Swedish Junior champion in 1984 as well as winning that year's Junior Orange Bowl International Golf Championship. She played one year of collegiate golf at the University of South Florida.
Nilsmark turned professional in 1987 but her early career was hampered by a whiplash injury sustained in a car accident. She had her maiden LET victory at the 1994 Ford Classic and joined the U.S. based LPGA Tour in 1995 having tied for 15th at the 1994 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn exempt status. She had two victories in 1999 at the Evian Masters on the Ladies European Tour and the Valley of the Stars Championship on the LPGA Tour.
Nilsmark played in the Solheim Cup in 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998 and 2000, sinking the winning putt in 1992 in Europe's first victory over the United States. She was the victorious European Solheim Cup captain in 2003 in her native Sweden despite suffering from a serious back injury and the losing captain in the 2005 match. She has been named Captain of The 2007 European PING Junior Solheim Cup Team.
Nilsmark has two children, daughter Tuva Augusta (born 1997) and son, Sigge (born 2004)
LPGA Tour wins (1)
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of
|1||14 Feb 1999||Valley of the Stars Championship||–12 (68-65-71=204)||Playoff||Annika Sörenstam|
LPGA Tour playoff record (1–0)
|1||1999||Valley of the Stars Championship||Annika Sörenstam||Won with par on first extra hole|
Ladies European Tour (2)
- Solheim Cup (representing Europe): 1992 (winners), 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000 (winners)
- Handa Cup (representing World team): 2012 (tie)
- "Catrin Nilsmark Player Profile". Ladies European Tour. Retrieved 30 April 2007.
- "Past Champions". Junior Orange Bowl. Archived from the original on 2 November 2006. Retrieved 30 April 2007.
- "Catrin Nilsmark Career Highlights". LPGA Tour. Retrieved 30 April 2007.
- Martin Park (14 August 2002). "Nilsmark announced as 2003 European captain". LET Ladies European Tour. Retrieved 16 April 2007.
- Martin Park (10 September 2003). "Agony for Captain Catrin". LET Ladies European Tour. Retrieved 16 April 2007.
- Martin Park (16 February 2004). "Catrin Nilsmark retains captaincy for 2005 Solheim". LET Ladies European Tour. Retrieved 16 April 2007.
- "Nilsmark named Captain of The 2007 European PING Junior Solheim Cup Team". LET Ladies European Tour. 10 July 2006. Retrieved 16 April 2007.