|Born||August 24, 1974|
Martinsville, Indiana, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Kyle Boyd (2000-2008)|
Rhys David Thomas (2011-2016)
Catt Sadler (born August 24, 1974) is an entertainment reporter who is best known for her work in E! News, E! News Weekend and Daily Pop. She previously co-hosted the network's The Daily 10 before its cancellation. The Los Angeles Times named her one of the top 10 up-and-coming broadcasters in entertainment.
Sadler was born in Martinsville, Indiana. She has 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
Before finishing college, Sadler was hired by WXIN, the Fox affiliate in Indianapolis to host the weekly segment "Youth Matters". After working in local news for about a year, she moved to California to advance her career.
After appearing as an extra in a few VH1 spoofs in Hollywood, Sadler got her first broadcasting job as an entertainment reporter in San Francisco in 1997 at KBWB/KNTV in San Jose, California, for their entertainment news segments. For four years she hosted a nightly lifestyle segment called "The Bay Beat" and traveled frequently to Los Angeles and New York to conduct celebrity interviews.
In 2001, she moved back to Indiana where she returned to WXIN to co-anchor the station's morning newscast. She also hosted the Hoosier Lottery's Hoosier Millionaire show, which became the longest-running syndicated lottery game show in the country. During this time, she also served as the official emcee for the NBA's Indiana Pacers for the 2003-04 season. In 2005, Sadler gave birth to her second son. Sadler and her family returned to Los Angeles in 2006 when she was named host of The Daily 10 on E! alongside Sal Masekela and Debbie Matenopoulos.
Sadler continued acting in L.A. She played herself in Judd Apatow's Knocked Up, and appeared on General Hospital and Night Shift. She also starred in the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus music video, "You Better Pray", playing the dancing librarian.
In 2010, Sadler joined the extended hour-long E! News show with Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic. She also serves as host of several E! Live from the Red Carpet events, covering the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Emmys, and more.
In May 2017, E! News launched a new daytime talk show called Daily Pop, with Sadler as one of three hosts.
In December 2017, Sadler left E! News after learning that her co-host Jason Kennedy was earning "double" her salary. She will serve as the co-producer of the Bravo travel and leisure show Three Ways to Depart, which will be hosted by Liev Schreiber.
Sadler is the international spokesperson for the Women Like Us Foundation, an organization her mother co-created after writing a book of the same name. In 2010, Sadler founded a local chapter – Women Like Us Hollywood. WLUH is dedicated to empowering at-risk school girls in inner city Los Angeles. Sadler serves as president.
Sadler began dating British film producer Rhys David Thomas after meeting at a charity event in Los Angeles in May 2010. She and Thomas married on October 23, 2011 in a private ceremony at the Palazzo Hotel in Las Vegas. In March 2016, Sadler filed for divorce from Thomas.
- "Becomeahost.com/news". Become A Host. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "Surprise! E!'s Catt Sadler Is Married". eonline.com. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Kightlinger, Cathy (February 6, 2012). "Cathy Kightlinger: Indy's Super Bowl a winner with celebrities". Indy Star. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- "Catt's Bio". E! Online. Archived from the original on August 1, 2010. Retrieved January 27, 2011.
- "E! Expands Live News With Two-Hour Series 'Daily Pop' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- Stone, Natalie. "Catt Sadler Leaves E! News After Learning Co-Host Jason Kennedy Earns 'Double' Her Salary". People. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- "Womelikeusfoundation.org". Women Like Us Foundation. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
- "Womenlikeusfoundation.org/hollywood". Women Like Us Foundation. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-10-29. Retrieved 2013-07-11.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.eonline.com/news/148444/catt-sadler-engaged Catt Sadler, Brett Jacobson Engaged!
- "Catt Sadler Secretly Weds". Lifeandstylemage.com. December 7, 2011. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- Finn, Natalie (December 6, 2011). "Surprise! E!'s Catt Sadler is Married". Eonline.com. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- Alexander, Reagan (March 15, 2016). "Catt Sadler Files for Divorce from Rhys David Thomas". People.com. Retrieved April 4, 2016.