Catterline is a coastal village on the North Sea in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. It is situated about 5 miles (8.0 km) south of Stonehaven; nearby to the north are Dunnottar Castle and Fowlsheugh Nature Reserve. Other noted architectural or historic features in the general area include Fetteresso Castle, Fiddes Castle, Chapel of St. Mary and St. Nathalan and Muchalls Castle.
The artist Joan Eardley lived in the village in the 1950s up until her death in 1963. Many of her wild seascapes were painted here.
- United Kingdom Ordnance Survey Map Landranger 45, Stonehaven and Banchory, 1:50,000 scale, 2004
- Archibald Watt, Highways and Byways Around Kincardineshire, The Stonehaven Heritage Society (1985)
- C. Michael Hogan. 2008. Fetteresso Fieldnotes, The Modern Antiquarian
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Catterline.|
- Catterline Online Catterline Community Web Site
- Catterline, Kinneff and Dunnottar Community Council
|This Aberdeenshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|