From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Municipality and town|
Catumbela railway station
|• Mayor||Filomena Pascoal|
|Time zone||WAT (UTC+1)|
In the late 18th and early 19th centuries, the Portuguese built Forte de São Pedro to establish themselves in Benguela. Today, the fort is in a dilapidated condition, but plans are being made to restore it and turn it into a museum.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Catumbela.|
- "Catumbela". citipedia.info. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Governante defende reabilitação do Forte de São Pedro". Agência Angola Press (in Portuguese). 8 September 2010. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Governador aponta importância da ascensão da comuna da Catumbela a município". Agência Angola Press (in Portuguese). 25 October 2011. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Município da Catumbela ganha nova escola primária". Agência Angola Press (in Portuguese). 13 December 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Angola's Catumbela airport an alternative to Luanda". Macauhub. 28 August 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
|This Angola location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|