||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (November 2014)|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, crust punk|
|Members||Bill, Greg, Eric, Corey|
In late 2000, Bill (best known as the guitarist for The Pist) quit his band React and moved from Connecticut to Pittsburgh to start a band with guitarist/vocalist Eric Good and bassist Corey Lyons of Aus-Rotten. Together with drummer Ron Wingrove they began to practice in Corey, Eric and Bill's basement, played local shows and a few weekend tours, and recorded a demo. During that time, Aus-Rotten broke up and Bill also formed a band with their drummer and singer, Behind Enemy Lines. Sadly, in the spring of 2001 Ron was struck by a pickup truck while riding his bike in Pittsburgh and sustained brain damage. This left him unable to play drums for some time, and the band decided to replace him. Ron would later return to his hometown of Uniontown, PA, where he would participate in several local music acts. After a hiatus, drummer Greg Mairs (Submachine, Short Dark Strangers) joined the band. This was supposed to be a temporary solution while the band found another less busy drummer, but over 7 years later Greg is still an integral part of the band.
With Greg, they recorded their first 7", which was released on Havoc Records, as were all of their releases from then on. They have toured the United States extensively over the years with bands like Subhumans and Municipal Waste, and have been interviewed in Maximum RocknRoll, HeartattaCk, Suburban Voice, and numerous other punk zines. In 2006 they toured Europe. They are local favorites, greatly admired in the Pittsburgh scene, and playing at the Mr. Roboto Project frequently. Caustic Christ played their last show on May 5, 2009 and have disbanded.
In 2015, Caustic Christ reunited to play two shows as the annual Skull Fest in Pittsburgh, PA. 
- Caustic Christ 7" (Havoc Records, 2001)
- Can't Relate LP (Havoc Records, 2003)
- Government Job 7" (Havoc Records, 2004)
- Public Service/Jodie Foster limited tour single (Havoc Records, 2005)
- Lycanthropy LP (Havoc Records, 2006)
Splits and compilations
- Go Down Fighting, Come Up Smiling CD compilation (Hardtravelin' Records, 2001)
- Split 7" with Intense Youth (Behold The Youthquake Records, 2002)
- Split 7" with R.A.M.B.O. (Busted Heads Records, 2003)
- Dark Thoughts compilation (Rabid Dogs Records, 2003)
- Half Life - Under The Knife covers compilation 7" (Moo Cow Records, 2004)
- Revolved Back To Failure cassette compilation (Hardtravelin' Records, 2005)
- The Oftenly Mistaken Ukla Von Upenstien - Bass
- GenEric Christ - Vocals
- Bill Christ - Guitar
- Archie Punker - Drums
- Mervis, Scott (2006-12-21). "Pittsburgh music got outta town in 2006". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- Welsh, Margaret. "Caustic Christ members join up for a one-off reunion". Pittsburgh City Paper. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
Ron Wingrove - Former drummer (provided firsthand account.)