Cave City High School
|Cave City High School|
620 North Main Street
|School type||Public comprehensive|
|School district||Cave City School District|
|NCES School ID||050405000148|
|Teaching staff||32.73 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.05|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
Advanced Placement (AP)
|School color(s)||Red |
|Athletics||Football, Volleyball, Golf, Basketball, Tennis, Baseball, Softball, Track, Cheer|
|Athletics conference||4A Region 3|
|Team name||Cave City Cavemen|
|USNWR ranking||Bronze Medalist|
|Feeder schools||Cave City Middle School (7–8)|
Cave City High School is a comprehensive public high school located in the fringe town of Cave City, Arkansas, United States. The school provides secondary education for students in grades 9 through 12. It is one of three public high schools in Sharp County, Arkansas and the sole high school administered by the Cave City School District.
Cave City High School is accredited by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE). The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the ADE. Students complete regular (core and elective) and career focus coursework and exams and may take Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exams with the opportunity to receive college credit.
The Cave City Cavemen compete in interscholastic activities within the 4A Classification via the 4A Region 3 Conference, as administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Cavemen field teams in football, golf (boys/girls), tennis (boys/girls), basketball (boys/girls), baseball, softball, track and field (boys/girls), and cheer.
Clubs and traditions
Cave City students participate in competitive debate and speech competitions. Students may also engage in a variety of clubs and organizations such as: Future Farmers of America (FFA), FCCLA, Student Council, Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Skills USA, and Quiz Bowl.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Cave City High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "CAVE CITY HIGH CAREER & COLLEGIATE PREPARATORY SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "Best High Schools 2012". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "School Profile, Cave City High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original on 23 February 2013. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "2012–13 Arkansas High School Sports Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 May 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2012.