Cavendish Road State High School
|Cavendish Road State High School|
695 Cavendish Road|
Holland Park, Queensland
Nil sine pulvere,|
nil praeter optima
("Nothing without effort,
nothing but the best")
|Principal||Richard Usher |
|Colour(s)||Bottle green and White|
Cavendish Road State High School is a co-educational, state secondary school, located at 695 Cavendish Road, Holland Park, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Established in 1952, Cavendish Road State High School was the second state high school to be built in the suburbs of Brisbane. The school is a short distance from the Brisbane CBD.
The school motto, Nil sine pulvere, nil praeter optima, translates from Latin as "Nothing without effort, nothing but the best". As part of these "Excellence Programs" the school has developed partnerships with the University of Queensland, Griffith University and the Queensland University of Technology, which allow eligible students to exit Year 12 with credit, fee free, towards a university degree. A number of relationships with various sporting associations and private businesses (for apprenticeships/traineeships) in Queensland have also been developed.
- Ian Henderson (Australian politician)
- Loretta Harrop, gold and silver winning olympic triathlete
- Dick Johnson (racing driver), five-time Australian Touring Car Championship, three-time winner of the Bathurst 1000 and was inducted into the V8 Supercars Hall of Fame in 2001
- Tahj Minniecon, soccer player for the Loyola Meralco Sparks F.C.
- Stephen Page, Artistic director of the Bangarra Dance Theatre and choreographer of various routines for the ceremonies of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games and 2000 Sydney Olympic Games
- Dario Vidošić, soccer player for the Melbourne City FC and as an attacking midfielder for the Australia national football team
- Jesse Williams (American football), defensive tackle and first Australian to win a Super Bowl Ring with the Seattle Seahawks in 2013.