Cavendish University Uganda
0° 18' 4.00"N, 32° 35' 36.00"E
Cavendish University Uganda (CUU) is a private university in Uganda.
CUU's main campus is located at 1469 Ggaba Road, in Nsambya, a southern neighborhood of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. Nsambya is approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), by road, south-east of the central business district of Kampala. The coordinates of the university campus are 0°18'04.0"N, 32°35'36.0"E (Latitude:0.301111; Longitude:32.593333).
CUU is a higher institution of learning that was granted a letter of interim authority on 18 December 2007 to establish a private university under the Universities and Tertiary Institutions Act No. 7 of 2001. A full license to operate was given by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) in June 2008.
Currently with four Faculties- Science and Technology, Business and Management, Socio-Economic Sciences, and Law- as well as a School of Post Graduate Studies, Cavendish University Uganda offers courses ranging from certificates, diplomas, bachelors and master’s degrees that strive to address societal gaps. The University’s mode of teaching involves face-to-face interaction with students who are also offered module descriptions and teaching schedules ahead of time that includes tutorial questions and detailed case studies. This ensures there’s participatory learning and thus easy flow of knowledge and skills. With the increasing penetration of internet services, the institution plans to introduce online teaching. Large or popular classes are subdivided into smaller class sizes, so that the lecturers are able to provide quality education.
The university opened with 45 students in the premises formerly occupied by Makerere High School on Makerere Hill. The student body grew to over 250 in 2009. In 2010, CUU moved to its campus on Ggaba Road, opposite the Embassy of the United States.
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting & Finance
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration - Entrepreneurship
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- Master of Business Administration - Real Estate Management
- Master of Science in Project Management
- Masters in NGO Management
- Master of Arts in Public Relations
- Masters of Information Technology
- Master of Arts in Comparative Social Work
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Management
- Bachelor of Arts in NGO Management & Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Media and Public Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Banking & Finance
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Tourism & Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work & Development
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Campus Bee Reporter (5 December 2014). "Ex-Tanzanian President Becomes New Cavendish University Chancellor". Uganda Campus Bee. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Estimated Road Distance Between Central Kampala And Nsambya With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Google. "Location of the Min Campus of Cavendish University Uganda". Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Monitor Reporter (19 August 2016). "Cavendish University opens law facility, restructures 60 staff". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- Otage, Steven (9 September 2009). "Cavendish University Changes Learning". Daily Monitor via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Kisakye, Frank (5 July 2009). "Study First And Pay Later At Cavendish". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Academic Courses At CCU