Cayman Islands Monetary Authority
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands|
|Established||January 1, 1997|
|Chairman ||Grant Stein|
|Central bank of||Cayman Islands|
|Currency||Cayman Islands Dollar
KYD (ISO 4217)
The CIMA manages the Cayman Islands currency, regulates and supervises financial services, provides assistance to overseas regulatory authorities and advises the Cayman Islands government on financial-services regulatory matters.
It is a statutory corporation created pursuant to the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority Law (2013 Revision).
- Banks and Lenders
- Offshore Banks
- Funds and Segregated Portfolio Companies
- Payment Processing Services
- Credit Unions
- Cayman Islands dollar
- Economy of the Cayman Islands
- Central banks and currencies of the Caribbean
- Currencies of the British West Indies
- Securities Commission
- List of financial regulatory authorities
- CIMA website - Structure and Governance
- Cindy Scotland (7 July 2014). "The Cayman Islands Financial Services Regulatory Framework". Mondaq.
- Cayman Islands Monetary Authority Law (Revised)], section 5(1): "There is established an Authority to be called the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority which shall be a body corporate and shall have perpetual succession and a common seal and may sue and be sued in its corporate name."
|This bank and insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Cayman Islands-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|