C. Boden Kloss
In the early 20th century, Kloss accompanied the American naturalist William Louis Abbott in exploring the Andaman and Nicobar islands. During the years 1912-1913 Kloss participated in the 2nd Wollaston Expedition to Dutch New Guinea, led by British medical doctor and explorer A.F.R. Sandy Wollaston, in the capacity of zoologist. From 1908 he worked under Herbert Christopher Robinson at the museum in Kuala Lumpur. He was Director of the Raffles Museum from 1923 to 1932 and President of the Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society in 1930. 
Kloss is commemorated in the names of a number of plants and animals, including:
- Eugenia klossii, plant endemic to Malaysia
- Nepenthes klossii, pitcher plant endemic to New Guinea
- Begonia klossii, begonia
- Rungia klossii, small vegetable plant from New Guinea
- Cyathea klossii, tree fern native to western New Guinea
- Adiantum klossii, fern
- Hylobates klossii, Kloss's gibbon, endemic to Mentawai Islands, Indonesia
- Euroscaptor klossi, Kloss's mole, found in Laos, Malaysia, and Thailand
- Emoia klossi, Kloss' skink, a lizard endemic to western New Guinea
- Gonocephalus klossi, Kloss' forest dragon, a lizard endemic to Sumatra, Indonesia
- Fimbrios klossi, the bearded snake, from Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam
- Hydrophis klossi, Kloss' seasnake, from the Indian Ocean coastlines of West Malaysia, Thailand (including Phuket), Singapore and Indonesia (Sumatra)
In the Andamans and Nicobars; The narrative of a cruise in the schooner "Terrapin", with notices of the islands, their fauna, ethnology, etc., (1903)
- Banks, E. (December 1950). "Obituary: Cecil Boden-Kloss." (PDF). The Bulletin of the Raffles Museum. 23: 336–346. Retrieved 24 May 2016.
- "Journal of the Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society" (PDF). Malayan Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society. 1932. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- Beolens B, Watkins M, Grayson M. 2011. The Eponym Dictionary of Reptiles. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. xiii + 296 pp. ISBN 978-1-4214-0135-5. ("Kloss", p. 143).
- Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research
- Works by C. Boden Kloss at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about C. Boden Kloss at Internet Archive
|This article about a British zoologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|