Cecil H. Underwood Wildlife Management Area
|Cecil H. Underwood Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Sign for Cecil H. Underwood WMA along US 250
|Elevation||1,440 ft (438.9 m) |
|Area||2,215 acres (896.4 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WVDNR|
|Owner||West Virginia Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Cameron, West Virginia|
Cecil H. Underwood Wildlife Management Area is located on 2,215 acres (896 ha) near in Marshall and Wetzel counties near Cameron, West Virginia. The rugged, steep terrain varies in elevation from about 800 feet along the banks of the West Virginia Fork of Fish Creek to over 1500 feet. The steep slopes are covered with mixed hardwoods and forest clearings fields. The WMA is located about 10 miles south of Cameron on Rice Ridge Road off of U. S. Route 250, along the border of Marshall and Wetzel counties.
Hunting and Fishing
Hunting opportunities, limited by the small size of the area, include deer, grouse, squirrel, turkey and grouse. Fishing opportunities in the West Virginia Fork of Fish Creek include smallmouth bass, rock bass, and sunfish. Camping is prohibited at this WMA.
- WikiMapia Maps, Rice Ridge Road in Cecil H. Underwood WMA, retrieved August 8, 2008
- "Cecil H. Underwood WMA page". WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "West Virginia Wildlife Management Areas". West Virginia Division of Natural Resources. Archived from the original on 2008-04-15. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- West Virginia DNR District 1 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations