Cecil Peak is a mountain in the Wakatipu Basin, New Zealand and reaches a height of 1,978 metres. It is on the south side of Lake Wakatipu south-southwest of Queenstown, and is highly prominent from around this area. 
Vegetation is mainly grass and tussock (as it is under a pastoral lease) with trees near the waterline. Hidden Island is one of four islands in Lake Wakatipu and sits very close to the shoreline of Cecil Peak. On 27 March 2010 a local band performed an outdoor concert in a natural amphitheatre on the peak playing songs from the band Pink Floyd.
- Malcolm, McKinnon. "Otago places - Wakatipu basin". Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand.
- "Ngai Tahu Names" (PDF). Te Karaka Issue 44, pg 13. tekaraka.co.nz. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "Crown Pastoral Land Tenure Review" (PDF). Land Information New Zealand. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-02-17.
- "Rocking it on Cecil Peak". Scoop Media.
- Jardine, D.G. (1978). Shadows on the Hill. A.H. & A.W. Reed Ltd. p. 185. ISBN 0589010093.
|This Otago geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|