The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cecile Believe (formerly known as Mozart's Sister) is a solo music project of Caila Thompson-Hannant who lives in Montréal, Québec. It was established in 2011.
Thompson-Hannant's musical beginnings are much accredited to the electropop introduced to her by her uncle. She went on to play guitar & synthesizer in the band Shapes & Sizes, which was on the Asthmatic Kitty label. She was also a member of Montreal-based bands Miracle Fortress and Think About Life.
Thompson-Hannant independently released her first EP, Dear Fear, in 2011 through Bandcamp. For the two years following this release, she garnered press attention through playing festivals such as SXSW and Pop Montreal. In February 2013 she released her second EP, Hello, through Merok Records. In June 2014 she announced a new album, titled Being, for release on August 5 of that year and released the single "Enjoy". She thereafter released her second album, Field of Love, on February 17, 2017.
Thompson-Hannant performed vocals on "Definitely Come Together" by Kane West in May 2017 and co-wrote and recorded vocals for many songs on Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides, the 2018 album by the producer Sophie, including performing back-up vocals for the lead single "It's Okay To Cry" (released on October 19, 2017) and lead vocals for the album's following singles, "Ponyboy" and "Faceshopping" (additionally co-writing the latter song). Around this same time, Thompson-Hannant also recorded backing vocals for Kero Kero Bonito's TOTEP as well as changed the name of all of her social media accounts to Cecile Believe. She is believed to have officially adopted the name in place of Mozart's Sister.
- Dear Fear 2011
- Hello (Merok, 2013)
|"Don't Leave It To Me"||2011||Dear Fear|
|"Good Thing, Bad Thing"|
|"Eternally Girl"[a]||2016||Field Of Love|
|"Moment 2 Moment"||2017|
- A cassette single was released in October 2017 with "Eternally Girl" and "Angel", with the B-side being a Kane West remix of "Eternally Girl"
|Release||Year||Main Artist(s)||Credits||Additional notes|
|"Definitely Come Together"||2017||Kane West||Un-credited vocalist|
|"It's Okay To Cry"||Sophie||Un-credited backing vocalist|
|TOTEP||2018||Kero Kero Bonito||Backing vocalist||Credited as part of "The Parakeets"|
|"Faceshopping"||SOPHIE||Co-writer/un-credited vocalist||Co-written with Sophie Long|
|"Is It Cold in the Water?"|
|"Whole New World / Pretend World"|
|Time 'n' Place||Kero Kero Bonito||Backing vocalist||Credited as part of "The Parakeets"|
- "Mozart's Sister: She's Number One". Montrealgazette.com. 2013-02-27. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "Mozart's Sister: "Mozart's Sister" | Tracks". Pitchfork. 2013-01-17. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "Mozart's Sister interview: "There's some surrender involved in making music." | Dummy". Dummymag.com. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "A Name to Live Up to | Fringe Arts | The Link". Thelinknewspaper.ca. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "New Music - Mozart's Sister, 'Mozart's Sister' | The latest music blogs, free MP3s, best new bands, music videos, movie trailers and news analysis". Nme.com. 2014-06-18. Retrieved 2014-06-27.