Cecilia Cenci (3 August 1942 – 21 September 2014) was an Argentinian film, stage and television actress. She was born in La Plata.
Cecilia Cenci studied dramatic art at the School of Theatre in La Plata, participating in the mid-1960s in the old Channel 7 in the show Guide for Parents. On the big screen, she made her debut with the film The Pig War (1975) with José Slavin, and Marta González. However, it was in the 1980s when Cenci reached her career climax. She worked on several films until 1993 when she played the character of Eva Peron in the film Gatica, el Mono, directed by Leonardo Favio. On the small screen she was showcased in various comedian and melodramatic roles. In 1980 she won a starring role opposite Germán Kraus in the telenovelas Rosas para su enamorada and Donde pueda quererte. In Chile she starred as the wife in Andrea, Justicia de Mujer (1984). She appeared in several soap operas with international projection in antagonistic roles as in María de nadie, with Grecia Colmenares and Jorge Martinez and the telenovela Mujer comprada, with Mayra Alejandra and Arturo Puig. One of her most notable roles was that of Felicia del Molino López de Espada in the telenovela Nano (1994), with Araceli González . Her last television appearance was playing another villainous character, but this time with a humorous touch, in the soap opera Por Amor a Vos starring Miguel Angel Rodriguez and Claribel Medina.
She also did a notable union work and served as president of the Argentina Actors Association during 2008-2011. She was also president of the Social Work Actors from December 2006 until March 2014.
She died at dawn on 21 September 2014, at age 72 of brain cancer. She died at the Favaloro Foundation in Buenos Aires and was buried in the cemetery of the Argentina Actors Association of the Chacarita Cemetery.
- 1975: The Pig War
- 1976: The Fat Man of America
- 1976: Free Stone
- 1977: The show producer
- 1979: Backlash
- 1979: Dolls that make boom!
- 1981: While life lasts me
- 1982: The house of the seven tombs
- 1988: Thanks for the services
- 1993: Gatica, the "Monkey", playing Evita
- 1980: Where I can love you
- 1980: An angel in the city as Sandra
- 1980: Roses for your love
- 1980: Barracas to the south
- 1981: The cycle of Guillermo Bredeston and Nora Cárpena
- 1981: El Rafa
- 1981/1982: Learning to Live
- 1982: The East
- 1982/1983: Every day the same story
- 1984: Andrea, Women's Justice like Andrea
- 1985: Mary of nobody as Ivana
- 1986: Purchased Woman as Laura Simonal
- 1987: Estrellita mine as Cristina
- 1988/1989: We're made of meat
- 1989: So are the mine ones
- 1989: The plays of Dario Vittori (episode "The babe is going")
- 1991: Buenos Aires, tell me about love as Mercedes
- 1991: Unforgettable as Dr. Gutiérrez
- 1994: Nano as Felicia del Molino López de Espada
- 1997: Sacred Love as Mercedes
- 1997: Mine, only mine as Angelina Zamorano
- 2008: For loving you as Elvira Batani Molinari
- 1979: Coexistence, directed by Roberto Duran in Regina Theatre
- The Navel
- Arsenic and Old Lace
- Trees die standing
- 1993: What a night of marriage by Ivo Pelay
- Affectionately Evita
- The force of nature
- Love the outdoors
- Storms' Tamer
- Tute Cabrero
- 2009: González
- 2013: To bribe the oblivion
- "Fallece la actriz argentina Cecilia Cenci" (in Spanish). BBC. 21 September 2014.