Cecilie Broch Knudsen
Cecilie Broch Knudsen
|Former rector of the Oslo National Academy of the Arts|
August 2007 – August 2015
|Former rector of Einar Granum Kunstfagskole|
|Born||3 January 1950|
|Alma mater||National Academy of Craft and Art Industry|
National Academy of Fine Arts
She was born in New York City as a daughter of diplomat Ditlef Knudsen (1911–1981) and Anna Sophie Broch (1918–2000), and grew up in several countries where her father was stationed; Canada, Turkey, Thailand and Chile. She is a graduate of the National Academy of Craft and Art Industry, the National Academy of Fine Arts and the teachers' college Statens yrkespedagogiske høyskole. She started her career as a painter, illustrator and graphic designer.
From 1996 to 2007 she was the rector of Einar Granum Kunstfagskole, a preparatory art school. In 2007 she edged out Anders Eiebakke to become the new rector of the Oslo National Academy of the Arts, a merger between two of the academies where she studied as well as three others. During her tenure as rector, the institution became fully co-located in the former Christiania Seildugsfabrikk.
Knudsen resides at Uranienborg, Oslo. She was in a relationship to painter Odd Nerdrum from 1977 to 1991. Together, they had three daughters. Quarrels between Knudsen and Nerdrum have surfaced and reached national media on several occasions. In 2011, Nerdrum was on trial for tax fraud, and publicly accused Knudsen of tipping off the tax authorities. In 2014, she sued Nerdrum over the inheritance of Nerdrum's deceased mother's house.
- Sjøvoll, Therese. "Odd Nerdrum". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- Jenssen, Hugo Lauritz (28 April 2007). "Fryktløs og kunstferdig". Dagens Næringsliv (in Norwegian). pp. 48–50.
- "60 år 3. januar: Billedkunstner / rektor Cecilie Broch Knudsen" (in Norwegian). Norwegian News Agency. 28 December 2009.
- Eidem, Åshild (19 April 2007). "Rektor blir rektor". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). p. 7.
- Jensen, Bjørn R. (20 April 2007). "Paradigmeskifte". Ukeavisen Ledelse (in Norwegian). pp. 20–21.
- Ingebrigtsen, Julia Renate. "Hva livet har lært meg". VG Helg (in Norwegian). pp. 54–55.
- Sørheim, Sarah (28 August 2010). "Under ett tak". Klassekampen (in Norwegian).
- Menne, Eyvind Sverre (22 February 2015). "Ønsker mer utstillingsplass". Budstikka (in Norwegian). p. 23.
- Norwegian News Agency (21 January 2015). "Bernander skal lede kulturministerens talentsatsing" (in Norwegian).
- Lekve, Maria (21 August 2011). "Full krangel med eksen". VG (in Norwegian). p. 5.
- Strømmen, Karl-R. (11 October 2014). "Nerdrum saksøkes av eksen". Dagens Næringsliv (in Norwegian). p. 52.
|This biographical article about a Norwegian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Norwegian artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|