|Born||21 August 1951|
Cecilie Løveid (born 21 August 1951) is a Norwegian novelist, poet, playwright, and writer of children's books.
Løveid made her literary debut in 1972, with the novel Most. She received the Gyldendal Prize in 2001. Løveid's first play was the one-act Tingene, tingene, published in the literary magazine Vinduet in 1976. In total she has written about thirty plays, librettos or other texts for radio or stage performance.
In 2013 the poem "Punishment" (Straff) was printed in Aftenposten, as "This Week's Poem", on April 8. In an interview with the newspaper she said that the poem is about Breivik, and that she has no opinion about the verdict of his trial—because that is outside the scope of the poem. The poem starts with "I am glad that he got the punishment that he got. As [it is] known, he will be led by the hand, from grave to grave." It ends with "Therefore, and even if he does all of this, it will be calm/quiet."
- Gyldendal's Endowment 1979 (shared with Wera Sæther)
- Prix Italia 1982
- Aschehoug Prize 1984
- Dobloug Prize 1990 (Shared with Johannes Heggland)
- Ibsen Prize 1999
- Gyldendal Prize 2001
- Øverland, Janneken. "Cecilie Løveid". In Helle, Knut (ed.). Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- "Cecilie Løveid". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- "Prisvinnere" (in Norwegian). Gyldendal. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "Stor-pris til Cecilie Løveid" (in Norwegian). NRK. January 2002. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- "To fornyere av nordisk dramatikk – Cecilie Løveids og Katarina Frostensons kroppslige, poetiske drama" (in Norwegian). UIO. Archived from the original on 2007-08-21. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- Nærø, Sturle Scholz (2013-04-08). "En alternativ straffeutmåling". Aftenposten. p. 8 Kultur.
Olav Nordrå and
| Recipient of the Gyldendal's Endowment
(shared with Wera Sæther)
Tormod Haugen and
|This article about a Norwegian writer, poet or journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|