|• Total||0.180 sq mi (0.47 km2)|
|• Land||0.180 sq mi (0.47 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||597 ft (182 m)|
|• Density||520/sq mi (200/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||622888|
Cedar is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Solon Township, Leelanau County, Michigan, United States. Its population was 93 as of the 2010 census. Cedar has a post office with ZIP code 49621.
Cedar was founded in approximately 1885 by lumberman Benjamin Boughey. He named it Cedar City because it was in a cedar forest. The depot on the Manistee and North-Eastern Railroad continued to be known as Cedar City, long after the post office named simply Cedar was established on August 15, 1893.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files - Places: Michigan". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "Cedar". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service. "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- Station: Cedar City, Michigan, Michigan's Internet Railroad History Museum
- Romig, Walter (1986) . Michigan Place Names. Detroit, Michigan: Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1838-X.
|This Leelanau County, Michigan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|