Cedar Hill Cemetery (Philadelphia)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cedar Hill Cemetery gatehouse in 2010
5800 Frankford Ave.
|Find a Grave||Cedar Hill Cemetery|
|The Political Graveyard||Cedar Hill Cemetery|
Cedar Hill Cemetery is a historic cemetery in the Frankford neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was established by a company incorporated on March 25, 1850. The main gatehouse was built in 1869.
- Alexander Crawford (1842–1886), Medal of Honor recipient.
- William Walker Foulkrod (1846–1910), U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania.
- George Quintus Shoch (1859–1937), major league baseball player.
- John Paul Verree (1817–1889), U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania.
- Scharf, John Thomas (1884). History of Philadelphia, 1609-1884. Philadelphia: L.H. Everts & Co. p. 2360. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- Spector, Gus (2008). Philadelphia Neighborhoods -. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 9781439636183. Retrieved 6 September 2019.
- Cedar Hill Cemetery: Famous interments at Find a Grave