Cedar Park Christian School
|District - 111 teachers|
|Students||Over 1000 students|
|Location||Bothell, Washington, United States|
|Religion||Christian - Assemblies of God|
|Colors||Blue and Gold,Purple,Yellow...|
Cedar Park Christian School is a private Christian school with five campuses. The school is also part of an Assemblies of God church. The school started in 1981 with five preschool students under the direction of Mrs. Galloway. The school has expanded to include preschool through twelfth grade.
- The main campus on Woodinville-Juanita road in Bothell, Washington.
- Bellevue International Campus
- Everett Campus
- Mount Lake Terrace
- Lynnwood Elementary Campus
- Martha Lake Campus
Founded in March 1982 when Mrs. Galloway becomes principal and teacher for five preschool students. By Fall of 1983, Enrollment was risen to 50 and kindergarten was added A School Board was established Spring 1984 Band was added in 1984 with 14 students and by 1986 it had 57 students enrolled in band. In Fall 1986 the school enrollment reached 350 because of Overlake Church closed its school. In 1995 D-Portables were created. B-Building and covered play area completed in 1998.
In 2000 the A-Building was completed and campaign for high school started. On July 28, 2002 the Ground breaking for the new High School occurred and in January, 2005 the New High School opened.
Addition of grades
- March 1982- preschool
- Fall 1983- kindergarten was added
- Fall 1984- first and second grades added
- Fall 1985- Third grade added
- Fall 1986-fourth, fifth, and sixth grades added
- Fall 1987-seventh grade added
- "In 1989 the constitution for Cedar Park was amended to include 'providing elementary and other education' which allowed the school to remain and keep growing until it graduated a senior class"
Fall Sports: Football, Soccer, Cross Country, Volleyball, Cheerleading (continues for the entire year).
The Football program was started in 2003 under the guidance of Ron Yocum. After 3 years, Coach Yocum retired, paving the way for Dan Holden. Coach Holden was a one-time head coach and WIAA State Champion with Newport High School in Washington. As of March 2008, Cedar Park Christian School qualified for the WIAA state playoffs.
The team hired Craig Shetterly and named him head coach. Coach Shetterly had formerly served two years as Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator with the Mt. Vernon Bulldogs, and joined the Cedar Park coaching staff fresh out of a winning record (6-5) with the Bulldogs. In his first year with the Eagles, the football squad finished with a 1-8 record.
Changes were made the following year when Coach Shetterly made several modifications to the offensive system of the Eagles. Coach Benzel was asked to lead the school's Cross Country program, who were league champions in 2009 under his coaching. The team hired Chip Glass, a former NFL player, as an assistant and coach for offensive linemen. In the 2009 season, the Eagles won their first game in week 2, when they beat La Conner, 68-28. The next week, the team beat Darrington High School 16-14, and improved to a 2-1 record.
Starting with a freshman class in 2005 CPCS kept that core group of kids together all the way through senior year where they finished 8th in state, losing to King's. Under the guidance of Lamont Franklin, long time college assistant, the team also made it to state sophomore year and was one game away as juniors.
The CPCS basketball program named Adam Lynch their new head coach in the spring of 2008.
The 2011-2012 cheerleading team won First Place in the Varsity Non-Tumbling Division for the State Qualifier in December 2011. They won Second Place in the Washington State Cheerleading Competition in February 2012.
Spring sports: Track & Field, Softball, Golf, Baseball, Cheerleading.
- 2002 Boy's Varsity baseball team takes 2nd in State
- 2004 Girl's Cross Country Team places 2nd in state
- 2006 Girls' Track and Field team wins State Championship
- 2007 Driver's Education Program begins
- 2007 Girl's Volleyball takes 4th in State
- 2008 Boy's Track and Field Team Wins League Title for the first time
- 2008 Boy's Track and Field Team takes 3rd in State
- 2009 Boy's Cross Country Team Wins League Title for the first time
- 2010 Girl's Volleyball takes 3rd in State
- 2011 Cheerleading Team wins 1st place in State Qualifier Competition.
- 2012 Cheerleading Team wins 2nd place in Washington State Cheerleading Competition.
- 2013 Girl's Volleyball takes 6th in State
Under the direction of John Shorb, the Drama department performed its 100th One-act play in the 2008-2009 Fall Semester. The 100th One Act was "Letters From War". The script was written by a previous drama student, Justin Hylarides. By the time John Shorb left Cedar Park in 2012, the drama dept had performed over 150 one-act plays - 12 of which were originals.
Fall semester of 2008 also premiered the musical "Godspell", the first full musical the department has done. It was directed by Ruth Stainer, who later replaced John Shorb as drama director in the winter semester of 2012.
Cedar Park's Bothell campus has three bands directed by Dieter Rice
- Jazz Band
- Concert Band (middle school)
- Symphonic Band (High School)
Revelation choir is directed by Kathryn Moore.
- 2003 Year Book: Are We There Yet? 2003
- "Washington Interscholastic Activities Association". WIAA. Retrieved 2012-12-29.
- 2003 Year Book: Are We There Yet? 2003
- 2007 Year Book: Inspire 2007