Cedar Ridge High School (Texas)
|Cedar Ridge High School|
2801 Gattis School Road|
Round Rock, Texas 78664
|School type||Public high school|
|Teaching staff||178.91 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||15.19|
Black, purple, and Silver
Cedar Ridge High School is a public secondary school in Round Rock, United States. For the 2010-2011 school year, the school includes grades nine and ten. Grade eleven was added in 2011-2012 and grade twelve in 2012-2013. The school is the largest high school in the Round Rock Independent School District (RRISD), and in Central Texas with an enrollment of more than 3,000 students. Admission is primarily based on the locations of students' homes in the district. The building of the school was approved in the 2006 Bond, and was completed just prior to the beginning of the 2010-2011 school year.
The school houses the Professional Studies, the S.T.E.M.(Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), the International Business and Economics, the Visual/ Performing Arts, and the Health Science Academies.
The demographic breakdown of the 2,781 students enrolled in 2013-14 was:
- Male - 50.7%
- Female - 49.3%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.6%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 5.6%
- Black - 13.6%
- Hispanic - 35.2%
- White - 41.0%
- Multiracial - 4.0%
29.4% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch.
Cedar Ridge High School offers Varsity and Junior Varsity Football, Baseball, Basketball (Men and Women), Golf, Soccer (Men and Women), Tennis, Volleyball, Softball, Track and Field (Men and Women), Cross Country, and Swimming. They also offer club sports such as Water Polo (hosted by the school's swimming team) and Ultimate Frisbee. The football, women's basketball, women's soccer, and softball teams have consistently advanced to the playoffs every year.
Cedar Ridge High School is the "greenest" school in RRISD and was built with a modern and environmentally-friendly design. Upon completion, the school was named LEED certified in 2011.
- "CEDAR RIDGE H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Cedar Ridge H S". ed.gov. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- Round Rock Independent School District - 2006 Bond Program Archived December 25, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Athletics Cedar Ridge High School"
- "Round Rock ISD Cedar Ridge High School". usgbc.org. Retrieved 15 December 2015.