Cedar Township, Knox County, Illinois
Location in Knox County
Knox County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Total||36.22 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Land||36 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Water||0.22 sq mi (0.6 km2) 0.61%|
|Elevation||755 ft (230 m)|
|• Density||90.8/sq mi (35.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61401, 61410, 61436|
|GNIS feature ID||0428779|
Cedar Township is one of twenty-one townships in Knox County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 3,270 and it contained 1,487 housing units. Its name was changed from Cherry Grove Township on June 8, 1853.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.22 square miles (93.8 km2), of which 36 square miles (93 km2) (or 99.39%) is land and 0.22 square miles (0.57 km2) (or 0.61%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Abingdon (north three-quarters)
- Saluda at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Abingdon, Brush Creek and Cherry Grove.
Airports and landing strips
- Malone Landing Strip
- Abingdon Community Unit School District 217
- Galesburg Community Unit School District 205
- Knoxville Community Unit School District 202
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Cedar Township, Knox County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Cold Brook Township, Warren County||Galesburg Township||Knox Township|
|Floyd Township, Warren County||Orange Township|
|Berwick Township, Warren County||Indian Point Township||Chestnut Township|