Cedarville Township, Greene County, Ohio
|Cedarville Township, Greene County, Ohio|
Home of Whitelaw Reid, northwest of Cedarville
Location of Cedarville Township in Greene County
|• Total||39.3 sq mi (101.7 km2)|
|• Land||39.2 sq mi (101.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,047 ft (319 m)|
|• Density||140/sq mi (54.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086166|
Cedarville Township is one of the twelve townships of Greene County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the township population was 5,500, of whom 1,481 lived in the unincorporated portions.
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Green Township, Clark County - north
- Madison Township, Clark County - northeast
- Ross Township - east
- New Jasper Township - south
- Xenia Township - southwest
- Miami Township - northwest
The village of Cedarville is located in central Cedarville Township.
Name and history
It is the only Cedarville Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Cedarville township, Greene County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Broadstone, Michael A. (1918). History of Greene County, Ohio: Its People, Industries and Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen. p. 324.
- Dills, R. S. (1881). History of Greene County: Together with Historic Notes on the Northwest, and the State of Ohio. Odell & Mayer. p. 536.
- Greene County, 1803-1908. Aldine Publishing House. 1908. p. 97.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Cedarville Township Trustee Meeting, Cedarville Chamber of Commerce, n.d. Accessed 2011-08-18.