Cedric van der Gun
Van der Gun in 2007
|Full name||Cedric van der Gun|
|Date of birth||5 May 1979|
|Place of birth||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|ADO Den Haag|
|1999–2000||→ FC Den Bosch (loan)||10||(0)|
|2002–2003||→ Willem II (loan)||30||(6)|
|2003–2005||ADO Den Haag||58||(12)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
In 2005, he was signed by Borussia Dortmund. His first game for Dortmund was for the reserve team against FC Gütersloh 2000 in August 2005. At the club, he was on the wings with David Odonkor, Salvatore Gambino and Delron Buckley. On 28 August 2005, he debuted in the Bundesliga on matchday three in a 1–1 draw against MSV Duisburg. The former Dortmund coach Bert van Marwijk replaced him in the 62nd Minute for Euzebiusz Smolarek. On 11 September 2005, the following matchday, he suffered in the match against the 1. FC Köln a torn ACL and was out for months. This injury threw him far behind. On the last matchday he gave his comeback but his expiring contract was not renewed.
After a season with injury problems at the German side, he returned to the Netherlands for FC Utrecht. He was also plagued with injuries. In the 2008–09 season, he was able to put his skills to the test when he scored ten goals in 21 games.
In September 2009, he signed a one-year contract with Swansea City with a 12-month extension option. This was his first period in the United Kingdom. He scored his first goal for the Swans against Scunthorpe United on 31 October 2009. He was released by Swansea City at the end of the 2010–11 season, following Swansea's promotion to the Premier League.
After seven months without a club, on 31 January 2012, Van Der Gun rejoined his former club Utrecht until the end of the season. On 30 April 2014, it was announced that Van der Gun would be leaving FC Utrecht at the end of the season.
- "Van der Gun heads for Willem". UEFA.com. 30 August 2002. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "Den Haag hire Van der Gun". UEFA.com. 4 September 2003. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "Robinho ready for Madrid". UEFA.com. 22 August 2005. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "Makelele leaves behind Les Bleus". UEFA.com. 10 July 2006. Archived from the original on 18 July 2006. Retrieved 15 February 2009.
- "Swansea seal Van der Gun signing". BBC Sport. 10 September 2009. Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- "Scunthorpe 0–2 Swansea". BBC News. 31 October 2009. Retrieved 28 April 2010.
- "Van Der Gun rejoined Utrecht" (in Dutch). voetbalprimeur. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Leeuwin in beeld bij FC Utrecht, afscheid van aanvallers" (in Dutch). VI.nl. 30 April 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2016.