This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cees Jan Hamelink
14 September 1940
|Education||University of Amsterdam|
|Institutions||University of Amsterdam|
University of Aruba
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Cees Jan Hamelink (born 14 September 1940) is a Dutch academic known for his work on communication, culture, and technology. He is emeritus professor of international communications and emeritus professor of media at the University of Amsterdam; professor in management information and knowledge at the University of Aruba; and professor of media, religion and culture at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
He was in a number of boards worldwide; chair of the Dutch League for Human Rights, chair of the Jan van Eyck Academie, honorary president of the International Association for Media and Communication Research and chair of Amsterdam World Jazz City 2014.
Hamelink wrote over seventeen book on communication, culture and technology. Among which best sellers as "The Technology Gamble", "The Politics of World Communication" and "The Ethics of Cyberspace".
Next to all this he is a passionate jazz musician. As a bassist he played in the trio with Louis van Dijk. Since 2008 he plays with Tamara Hoekwater in the Bourgondisch Combo, performing in the Netherlands and abroad. On 3 October 2014 they launched their CD I said yes in the Faculty Club of the University of Amsterdam.
- Global Communication, London, 2014
- Media and Conflict, Escalating Evil, 2011
- Regeert de leugen?: mediaplichtigheid aan leugen en bedrog, Amsterdam, 2004
- Human Rights for Communicators, 2003
- (in Dutch) De leugen regeert: over leugen en bedrog in de informatiesamenleving, tekst inaugurele rede Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, 2002
- The Ethics of Cyberspace, Londen, 2000, vertaling van Digitaal fatsoen: mensenrechten in cyberspace uit 1999
- (in Dutch) Digitaal fatsoen: mensenrechten in cyberspace, Amsterdam, 1999
- The Politics of World Communication, 1994
- (in Dutch) Internationale communicatie: arena van internationale conflicten, tekst inaugurele rede Universiteit van Amsterdam, 1984
- (in Dutch) Informatie en macht: over de samenhang tussen de toegang tot informatie en de uitoefening van maatschappelijke macht, Baarn, 1984
- (in Dutch) De computersamenleving, Baarn, 1980
- (in Dutch) Derde wereld en culturele emancipatie, Baarn, 1978
- (in Dutch) De mythe van de vrije informatie, Baarn, 1978
- Perspectives for public communication: a study of the churches' participation in public communication, proefschrift Universiteit van Amsterdam, Baarn, 1975
- Prof. dr. C.J. Hamelink, 1940 at the University of Amsterdam Album Academicum.