|Successor||Creos Luxembourg SA|
|Founded||27 March 1928|
|Headquarters||2, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen, Luxembourg|
Roland Michel, Chairman|
Romain Becker, CEO
Number of employees
Cegedel S.A. (until 17 May 1997 the Compagnie Grand-Ducale d'Électricité du Luxembourg (English: Grand Ducal Electricity Company of Luxembourg)), was a Luxembourg company that distributed electricity. It operated under a concession written into the law under which it was formed, and distributed 70% of the electricity used in the country, amounting to 6,616 GWh.
The Government of Luxembourg owned one-third of the company, which made it the largest single shareholder, followed by the 30.4% stake held by Luxempart-Energie, with smaller stakes held by SNCI (12%) and Electrabel (8%). Shares of the company were listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange, of which it was one of the ten (and one of the seven Luxembourg-based) members of the main index, the LuxX Index
As a result of the European Union policy of liberalization of the energy market, Enovos Gruppe  acquired Cegedel SA along with Soteg SA, the gas distributor, in 2009, and created a Luxembourg subsidiary, Creos Luxembourg to distribute both gas and electricity.
- "Présentation" (in French). Cegedel. Archived from the original on 7 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
- "Annual Report 2006" (PDF). Cegedel. 8 May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
- "Les principaux employeurs luxembourgeois" (PDF) (in French). Statec. 2007-05-08. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-06-10. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
- "Principales participations" (in French). Luxempart. 31 December 2006. Archived from the original on 5 July 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
- "Creos Annual Report 2009". Retrieved 2014-07-06.
- "Corporate Structure". Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Creos Luxembourg SA, distributor, official website
- Enovos Luxembourg SA, generator and supplier, official web site
- Enovos International SA, the parent corporation
|This Luxembourg-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|