IUCN category IV (habitat/species management area)
|Nearest city||Șimleu Silvaniei|
|Area||18.20 hectares (45.0 acres)|
Cehei Pond Nature Reserve (Romanian: Balta Cehei) is situated in north-western Romania, in Crasna river floodplain, in Sălaj County and is a protected area with aquatic vegetation and fauna specific to such area.
The Cehei Pond represents a very favorable place for the development of highly diverse flora, with numerous rare species.
Species of grass: Hydrocharis (Hydrocharis morsus-ranae), Scutellaria galericulata (Scutellaria galericulata var. epilobiifolia), Ranunculus sceleratus (Ranunculus sceleratus L.), Utricularia vulgaris (Utricularia vulgaris L.), Phragmites (Phragmites australis), Typha (Typha latifolia), Utricularia vulgaris (Utricularia vulgaris L.).
- Cehei Pond Natural Reserve (in English) (in Hungarian) (in Romanian)
- eunis.eea.europa.eu - Cehei Pond (Balta Cehei); retrieved on May 28, 2012
- (in Romanian)cdep.ro - Law No.5 of March 6, 2000; retrieved on May 28, 2012
- protectedplanet.net - Cehei Pond; retrieved on May 28, 2012
- enrin.grida.no - Flora and Fauna in Romania Archived February 23, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.; retrieved on May 28, 2012
- (in Romanian) spontana.robustit.com - Spontaneous flora and fauna in Romania; retrieved on May 28, 2012