Celal Bayar University
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Manisa Physical Education and Military Sports School (1959–1982)
Dokuz Eylul University at Manisa (1982–1992)
|Motto||Health, information, and cultural source of Manisa|
|Established||1959 / 1992|
|President||Prof. Dr. A. Kemal ÇELEBİ|
|Students||49,408 (including associate's) (Fall 2015)|
|Undergraduates||24,190 (Fall 2015)|
|Postgraduates||4,141 (Fall 2015)|
|Colors||Red and Blue|
Celal Bayar University or (CBÜ) is a public research university located in Manisa, Turkey. CBU traces its root back to 1959 as an independent sports and teachers' college. The main campus is in Muradiye district of Manisa. It is one of the largest universities in Aegean Region with more than 49,000 student body and 1,156 faculty members. As of Fall 2015 there are 654 international students.
- 1959 – Founded as Manisa Armed Forces Physical Education and Sports School. (Still serving as The School of Physical Education and Sports)
- 1964 – Demirci Normal School began its education in Demirci, Manisa. (Still serving as The College of Education)
- 1975 – Manisa Vocational School of Accounting was founded. (Still serving as The College of Economics and Administrative Sciences)
- 1975 – School Of Tobacco Expertise was established in Akhisar, Manisa. (Still serving as School Of Tobacco Expertise)
- 1992 – Renamed Manisa Celal Bayar University.
Name change: Celal Bayar University
In 1992, with the merger of already established colleges, Celal Bayar university began its education. Four new colleges; College of Art and Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Medicine, School of Health Sciences; three colleges that were under Dokuz Eylul University administration; College of Economics and Administrative Sciences, College of Education, and School of Physical Education and Sports and a college that was under the administration of Ege University; School of Tobacco Expertise, and finally other vocational schools that are in and around city limits of Manisa, Celal Bayar University was formed. The university has continued adding new colleges to respond the dynamic needs of communities and students.
University is proud to carry the name Celal Bayar, who is the third president of Turkey.
Celal Bayar University is composed of three campuses; Main (Downtown Manisa), Uncubozkoy, and Muradiye campuses.
Main (Downtown Manisa) campus
- Presidential building (administration and international office etc.), School of Applied Sciences, School of Health and School of Physical Education and Sports are all located at this campus.
- College of Economic and Administrative Sciences, College of Medicine, and Suleyman Demirel Cultural Center.
Uncubozkoy Campus is located just outskirts of Mount Sipylus.
- College of Art and Science and College of Engineering are located at the precious newly constructed buildings of Muradiye Campus.
College of Education is located in the historical town of Demirci which is 3 hours away from the city.
Manisa is only 18 miles (30 km) to third biggest city of Turkey, Izmir. Once a home for the sons of the Sultans of Ottoman Empire the historical and natural beauty of the city has always been attractive to the people.
Faculties and departments
- Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences
- Business Administration, Economics, Public Finance, Labor Economics and Industrial Relations, International Relations and Political Science, and Econometrics
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Arts & Sciences
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Turkish Language and Literature, and Western Languages and Literatures
- Faculty of Engineering
- Bio-engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronical Engineering, Food Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Metallurgy and Materials Engineering.
- Faculty of Education
- Hasan Ferdi Turgutlu Faculty of Technology
- Software Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering and Machine-Manufacturing Engineering
- School of Applied Sciences
- International Trade, Banking and Finance
- School of Health
- School of Tobacco Expertise
- School of Physical Education and Sports
- Physical and Sports Education , Trainer Education, and Sports Management
- Vocational Schools
Celal Bayar University has 3 graduate schools that are responsible for the graduate programs.
- Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Graduate School of Natural Sciences
- Graduate School of Health Sciences
- Alp Kırşan, actor
- Burcu Kaya Koç, News presenter
- Çağatay Şahan, soccer referee
- Deniz Baysal, actress
- Ebru Aykaç, actress
- Ersan Erçelik, poet, novelist
- Hidayet Karaca, News presenter
- Devrim Kök, Turkish politician, Member of Parliament for Antalya from Republican People's Party
- Kadir Demircan, science fiction writer
- Talha Uğurluel, historian, writer
- "ÖĞRENCİ İŞLERİ DAİRESİ BAŞKANLIĞI ÖĞRENCİ SAYILARI" (PDF).
- "International Student Enrollment" (PDF). International Student Enrollment.
- "History of The Celal Bayar University School of Physical Education and Sports". Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "History of The Celal Bayar University Faculty of Education". Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "The origins of the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences". Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "History of The Celal Bayar University School Of Tobacco Expertise". Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "HISTORICAL BACKGROUND". Retrieved 23 July 2016.