Celal Bayar University
|Motto||Health, information, and cultural source of Manisa|
|President||Mehmet Pakdemirli, Eng.D.|
|Students||40,000 undergraduate and graduate|
|Colors||Red and Blue ‹See Tfm›‹See Tfm›|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2015)|
Celal Bayar University was first established in 1975 with 3 different two-year degree offering small colleges; Ege University Economic and Commercial Sciences College, Youth and Sports School and Education Institute in Demirci. In 1978 Ege University Economic and Commercial Sciences College was converted to 4-year college statue. In 1982 Manisa Youth and Sports School and Education Institute and in 1987 Manisa Economic and Administrative Sciences College given to under Dokuz Eylul University as 4-year colleges.
Name change: Celal Bayar University
In 1992, with the addition of four new established colleges; College of Art and Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Medicine, School of Health and three other colleges that were under Dokuz Eylul University administration; College of Economics and Administrative Sciences, College of Education and School of Physical Education and Sports and another college that was under the administration of Ege University; School of Tobacco Expertise, and other vocational schools that are in and around city limits of Manisa, Celal Bayar University has started its education. Also, in 1997 university has added another new college, School of Applied Sciences.
University is proud to carry the name Celal Bayar, who is the third president of Turkey.
Celal Bayar University is composed of three campuses; Main (Downtown Manisa), Uncubozkoy, and Muradiye campuses.
Main (Downtown Manisa) campus
- Presidential building (administration and international office etc.), School of Applied Sciences, School of Health and School of Physical Education and Sports are all located at this campus.
- College of Economic and Administrative Sciences, College of Medicine, and Suleyman Demirel Cultural Center.
Uncubozkoy Campus is located just outskirts of Mount Sipylus.
- College of Art and Science and College of Engineering are located at the precious newly constructed buildings of Muradiye Campus.
College of Education is located in the historical town of Demirci which is 3 hours away from the city.
Manisa is only 18 miles (30 km) to third biggest city of Turkey, Izmir. Once a home for the sons of the Sultans of Ottoman Empire the historical and natural beauty of the city has always been attractive to the people.
Faculties and departments
- Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences
- Business Administration, Economics, and Public Finance
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Arts & Sciences
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Turkish Language and Literature, and Western Languages and Literatures
- Faculty of Engineering
- Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronical Engineering, Food Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- Faculty of Education
- School of Applied Sciences
- International Trade, Banking and Finance
- School of Health
- School of Tobacco Expertise
- School of Physical Education and Sports
- Physical and Sports Education , Trainer Education, and Sports Management
- Vocational Schools
Celal Bayar University has 3 graduate schools that are responsible for the graduate programs.
- Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Graduate School of Natural Sciences
- Graduate School of Health Sciences
- Mehmet Pakdemirli - Professor of Mechanical Engineering, President
- Erdoğan Özkaya - Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Vice President
- Ümit Gökkuş - Professor of Civil Engineering, Dean of Engineering
- Mehmet Ali Yurdusev - Professor of Civil Engineering, Vice Dean of Engineering
- Mehmet Çevik - Assoc. Professor of Civil Engineering, Vice Dean of Engineering
- Hakan Boyacı - Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Head of Department
- Bekir Solmaz - Professor of Civil Engineering, Head of Department