|Presented by||Angellica Bell|
|Narrated by||Ted May|
|Opening theme||Getting Better|
|Ending theme||Getting Better|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Location(s)||London Gatwick Airport
|Running time||60 mins (inc. breaks)|
|Original release||2 September– 23 October 2008|
CelebAir was a reality TV series in which 11 celebrities performed the duties of cabin crew and check-in attendants. The series was presented by Angellica Bell and aired on ITV2 from 2 September 2008 until 23 October 2008, when Lisa Maffia was declared the winner.
For the show, Monarch Airlines repainted one of its Airbus A321 aircraft, registration G-OZBI, with the CelebAir logo along with a new tail fin design. The aircraft was used for the majority of CelebAir flights although the celebrities additionally worked on normal Monarch branded aircraft.
CelebAir activity took place on Monarch flights which were already part of the summer schedule; with the rear of the aircraft allocated as the CelebAir cabin with the celebrities working from the rear galley along with their mentors.
Before any of the celebrities were allowed to start their new jobs, they undertook a six-week training programme run by Monarch and were required to adhere to Monarch’s standards whilst working for CelebAir.
The series is set in London Gatwick Airport and, in the finale, the private jet took off and landed at London Stansted Airport. There are seven destinations that CelebAir flew to; those being Tenerife South Airport, Faro Airport, Málaga Airport, Ibiza Airport, Mahon Airport (Minorca), Larnaca International Airport and Alicante Airport.
CelebAir was cancelled after only one series.
||Singer & television presenter||Eliminated 1st
on 2 September 2008
||Blazin' Squad rapper||Eliminated 2nd
on 9 September 2008
on 16 September 2008
||Comedian & impressionist||Eliminated 4th
on 23 September 2008
||Hear'Say singer||Eliminated 5th & 6th
on 2 October 2008
||Former Steps singer|
||Neighbours actor||Eliminated 7th
on 9 October 2008
||Glamour model||Eliminated 8th
on 16 October 2008
||The X Factor contestant||Third Place
on 23 October 2008
on 23 October 2008
||Singer-songwriter & model||Winner
on 23 October 2008
- Ross Archer
- Lauren Newton
- Brian Martin
- Sara Turner
- Tamara was pregnant whilst filming was taking place. Due to her pregnancy she was unable to work on the flights.
- Lisa and Jonny were sacked in a double elimination due to the two of them abandoning their cabin crew duties to party for two hours at Eden in Ibiza instead of crewing the return flight to London Gatwick.
ITV announced in late 2008 that the show had been cancelled after only one series due to poor ratings and lack of celebrity interest.
|Show||Original air date||Overnight ratings||Source|
|Episode 1||2 September||549,000|||
|Episode 2||9 September||266,000|||
|Episode 3||16 September||235,000|||
|Episode 4||23 September||163,000|||
|Episode 5||2 October||—||—|
|Episode 6||9 October||273,000|||
|Episode 7||16 October||235,000|||
|Episode 8||23 October||254,000|||
"—" denotes where information currently unavailable
- Daniel Kilkelly (19 August 2008). "ITV announces 'Celeb Air' contestants". Digital Spy.
- Leigh Holmwood. "Multichannel TV ratings - September 2: Half a million viewers take off with CelebAir". the Guardian.
- Neil Wilkes (21 September 2008). "More viewers check out of ITV2's 'CelebAir'". Digital Spy.
- Neil Wilkes (25 September 2008). "'Secret Millionaire' ends on 3.3m". Digital Spy.
- Neil Wilkes (11 October 2008). "'Natural Born Sellers' tanks for ITV". Digital Spy.
- Neil Wilkes (19 October 2008). "3.1m visit Channel 4's 'River Cottage'". Digital Spy.
- Neil Wilkes (26 October 2008). "Piper's 'Call Girl' ends run with 534,000". Digital Spy.