Celebrate Recovery (CR) is an American Christ-based approach to recovery that was a response to twelve-step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous. It was founded in 1990 by Pastor John Baker of Saddleback Church, and is aimed at all "hurts, habits, and hang-ups", including but not exclusive to: high anxiety; co-dependency; compulsive behaviors; sex addiction; financial dysfunction; drug and alcohol addictions; and eating disorders. The founders felt that Alcoholics Anonymous was too vague in referring to God as a "higher power", and wanted a more specifically Christ-based program. Celebrate Recovery utilizes eight Recovery Principles that are based on the Sermon on the Mount.
- Addiction recovery groups
- List of twelve-step groups
- Recovery model
- Self-help groups for mental health
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety
- Rational Recovery
- Women For Sobriety
- Lobdell, William (1999-04-24). "12 Steps, Christian Style; Lake Forest Ministry Has Helped Thousands, in a Concept That's Spread". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- Brown, Anthony E.; Whitney, Simon N.; Schneider, Max A.; Vega, Charles P. (June 2006). "Alcohol Recovery and Spirituality: Strangers, Friends, or Partners?". Southern Medical Journal. 99 (6): 654–657. doi:10.1097/01.smj.0000198271.72795.ab.
- Baker, John, and Richard Warren. Celebrate Recovery: Getting Right with God, Yourself, and Others: Participant Guide, 3. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Pub. House, 1998. Print.
- Baker, John, and Richard Warren. Celebrate Recovery: Growing in Christ While Helping Others: Participant Guide 4. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Pub. House, 1998. Print.
- Baker, John, and Richard Warren. Taking an Honest and Spiritual Inventory: Participant's Guide 2: A Recovery Program Based on Eight Principles from the Beatitudes. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Pub. House, 1998. Print.
- Baker, John. Celebrate Recovery Leader's Guide: A Recovery Program Based on Eight Principles from the Beatitudes. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Pub. House, 2005. Print.
- Baker, John. Stepping out of Denial into God's Grace: Participant's Guide, 1. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1998. Print.
- Baker, John. Your First Step to Celebrate Recovery: How God Can Heal Your Life. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012. Print.