|Headquarters||Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YG|
|Milton Guffogg (CEO)|
Number of employees
Celebrations Group was a chain of British greeting cards stores. Most of their stores traded under the names of Cardfair and Card Warehouse. Celebrations Group was formed in 2006 when it purchased part of the Greeting Card Group from administrators PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Celebrations Group also fully owned the transactional website Calendar Factory.
On October 8, 2008 Kroll Corporate Advisory & Restructuring Group (now known as Zolfo Cooper Europe) were appointed administrators of the company. The company entered administration due to cash flow difficulties.
The remaining 212 stores that were not purchased by Card Factory stopped trading on January 11, 2009, with only managers and assistant managers in on January 12, 2009 to deal with official store closures. Celebrations’ transactional website Calendar Factory stopped trading just before the New Year after it had run out of stock.
- "About us - Celebrations Group". Archived from the original on 2008-08-04. Retrieved 2008-11-18.
- "Failed card group to pay no rent until 2009". PropertyWeek.com. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Card Warehouse and Cardfair in administration". SpringFair.com. 2008-10-10. Retrieved 2008-11-18.[dead link]
- "Calendar Factory". Archived from the original on 2008-06-21. Retrieved 2008-11-18.
- "Celebrations Group - Home". Retrieved 2008-11-18.
- "Card Factory buys Celebrations outlets". SpringFair.com. 2008-12-01. Retrieved 2008-12-01.[dead link]
- "BREAKING: Wakefield card firm Card Factory's rescue package saves 500 jobs". Yorkshire Evening Post. 2008-11-28. Retrieved 2008-11-28.[dead link]
- "No cause for Celebrations". SpringFair News 2009. 2009-01-09. Retrieved 2009-01-09.[dead link]
- "*** OUT OF STOCK ***". Celebrations Group. December 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-01.