GTS Constellation at Barbados, 2006
|Port of registry:|
|Route:||Europe, Middle East, and Asia|
|Builder:||Chantier de L'Atlantique, St. Nazaire, France|
|Laid down:||9 April 2001|
|Launched:||31 October 2001|
|Christened:||12 May 2002|
|Class and type:||Millennium-class cruise ship|
|Length:||965 ft (294 m)|
|Beam:||106 ft (32.2 m)|
|Draft:||27.3 ft (8.323 m)|
|Propulsion:||2 × 19 MW Rolls-Royce/Alstom Mermaid azimuth thrusters|
|Speed:||24 knots (44 km/h; 28 mph)|
|Capacity:||2,170 (double occupancy) passengers|
GTS Celebrity Constellation is a Millennium-class cruise ship of Celebrity Cruises. She was originally named Constellation, but renamed in May 2007. Her three sister ships are the Celebrity Infinity, Summit, and Millennium.
She was built at the Chantiers de l'Atlantique shipyard in St. Nazaire, France. The ship is powered by a COGAS power plant of gas turbines and a steam turbine providing up to 60 megawatts for the electric systems and two 19 MW Rolls-Royce/Alstom MerMaid azimuth thrusters for propulsion. In 2007, an additional diesel engine was fitted as a fuel-saving measure. The ship can run on any combination of the gas turbines or diesel. In port, she generates electrical power from the diesel.
In 2007, Condé Nast Publications reported that Constellation had come top of their Traveler Cruise Poll six times in seven years. During the summer period the ship sails to the Mediterranean and the Caribbean (winter).
Celebrity Constellation is scheduled to undergo a dry dock in May 2020.
Celebrity Constellation is scheduled to operate sailings from Tampa starting in October 2020 which will mark the return of Celebrity Cruises to Tampa since the last call in 2007. The ship will offer three unique alternating 10- and 11-night roundtrip sailings to the Eastern Caribbean, Southern Caribbean, as well as a “Touch Canal” voyage.
- "Celebrity Constellation (9192399)". Ships In Class. Lloyd's Register. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- (in Swedish) Fakta om Fartyg: GTS Constellation (2002), retrieved 7. 11. 2007
- "GE Article on Equipment of Millennium Class Cruisers".
- Installation of Aux Diesel on Millennium and her sisters, retrieved 21 January 2009
- Condé Nast Traveler Cruise Poll 2007 https://web.archive.org/web/20071215131034/http://www.concierge.com/bestof/cruisepoll/largeships/
- "Cruise Ship Dry Dock/Upgrade Schedules for Cruise Lines in 2018-2023". cruisefever.net. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "From the Far East to the Eastern Caribbean: Celebrity Cruises Brings THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION to Tampa | Celebrity Cruises Press Center". www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
Media related to Celebrity Constellation (ship, 2002) at Wikimedia Commons