Celebrity Equinox in Venice, 2014
|Owner:||2008 onwards: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.|
|Port of registry:||Valletta, MaltaDiesel-electric|
|Builder:||Meyer Werft, Papenburg, Germany|
|Laid down:||6 August 2008|
|Maiden voyage:||July 31, 2009|
|General characteristics |
|Class and type:||Solstice-class cruise ship|
|Length:||317.2 m (1,041 ft)|
|Beam:||36.9 m (121 ft)|
|Draft:||8.3 m (27 ft)|
|Depth:||11.3 m (37 ft)|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two two ABB Azipod units|
|Speed:||24 knots (44 km/h; 28 mph)|
Celebrity Equinox is a Solstice-class cruise ship built by Meyer Werft in Germany. Celebrity Equinox is the second of the five Solstice-class vessels, owned and operated by Celebrity Cruises. She is a sister ship of Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Silhouette and the Celebrity Reflection. Celebrity Equinox entered commercial service for Celebrity Cruises on July 31, 2009.
Celebrity Equinox and her sisters offer a wide variety of stateroom categories, including Celebrity Cruises' signature ConciergeClass and the new AquaClass.
Onboard amenities include a large theater called Equinox Theater; as with its sister ships, the name of the ship is included in the name of the theater. Multiple restaurant dining options including a dedicated restaurant for AquaClass guests called Blu; the Patio on the Lawn where you can relax and have a picnic or play croquet; numerous bars and clubs; the Solstice Deck, the top deck of the ship; a youth facility called the Fun Factory; and iLounge, which is the Internet cafe. All Solstice-class ships were retrofitted with Apple Computer-based iLounges beginning in 2010. The ship also features many other common and unique features. Some innovations include glass-blowing classes/demonstrations as well as The Lawn Club, a live grass lawn between the ship's funnels on the upper deck.
- "Press Ticker". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Celebrity Equinox (26784)". DNV GL Vessel Register. Det Norske Veritas. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- "The Celebrity Equinox Begins Its Conveyance at Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany - Travel Agent Central". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- Cruises, Celebrity. "Celebrity Cruises Introduces 'Celebrity iLounge'". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "The grass is really greener on Celebrity Solstice". Cruise Business Review. 2008-01-18. Archived from the original on October 2, 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Celebrity Equinox (ship, 2009).|