Celebrity Silhouette sailing into San Juan on January 8th, 2013.
|Owner:||Celebrity Silhouette Inc|
|Port of registry:||Valletta, Malta|
|Ordered:||18 May 2007|
|Builder:||Meyer Werft, Papenburg|
|Cost:||$640 million (USD)|
|Launched:||July 23rd, 2011|
|Class and type:||Solstice-class cruise ship|
|Length:||315 m (1,033 ft) (length overall)|
|Beam:||36.9 m (121 ft)|
|Draught:||8.3 m (27 ft)|
|Speed:||cruising speed 25 mph|
Celebrity Silhouette is the fourth ship in the Solstice class, her sister ships being Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Reflection. Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse entered service in 2008, 2009, and 2010, respectively. Silhouette was launched in 2011, and Reflection, the final ship in the Celebrity Solstice series, launched in 2012.
Design and construction
The fourth of five ships in the Solstice class, Celebrity Silhouette was being constructed by Meyer Werft at their shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. Celebrity Silhouette is built to the same design as the preceding three ships. The completed ship is 319 metres (1,047 ft) in length overall, with a beam of 36.8 metres (121 ft), and a tonnage value of 122,400 gross tons. Celebrity Silhouette carries 2,885 passengers, 35 more than the past 3 ships. 90% of the staterooms have outside views, and 85% have verandas.
Celebrity Silhouette and her sisters offer a wide variety of stateroom categories, including Celebrity Cruises' signature ConciergeClass and the new AquaClass.
Facilities aboard Celebrity Silhouette include:
- The Lawn Club, a country club-like activity center on the uppermost deck, with a half-acre of grass.
- First ship in the fleet to have a grill at The Lawn Club called Lawn Club Grill which is in place of the glass blowing theatre featured on the first three Solstice Class ships.
- First ship in the fleet to feature restaurant The Porch at the Lawn Club which is also in place of the glass blowing theatre featured on the first three Solstice Class ships.
- First ship in the fleet to have The Alcoves, verandas at the Lawn Club
- First ship in the fleet to have an Art Studio at The Lawn Club.
- First ship in the fleet to have The Hideaway
- The Celebrity Silhouette has 12 restaurants
- The iLounge; a combination internet cafe and Apple Store.
Silhouette at Old San Juan
- "Celebrity Silhouette (28392)". DNV GL Vessel Register. Det Norske Veritas. Retrieved 2015-12-09.
- "Celebrity Cruises New "Silhouette" Comes Out Of The Shadows". Cool Cruise News.
- Celebrity Cruises orders fifth Solstice-Class Ship, retrieved 2008-02-24.
- "Celebrity Cruises names fourth Solstice-class ship Celebrity Silhouette". Cruise Industry News. 21 December 2009. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- . Travel Daily News. 22 February 2010 http://www.traveldailynews.com/pages/show_page/35703-Celebrity-Cruises-introduces-'Celebrity-iLounge'-. Retrieved 22 February 2010. Missing or empty
- Silverstein, Erica. "Happy Winter Solstice: Celebrity Names next ship in class". Cruise Critic. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- "Meyerwerft Website: Celebrity Cruises". Meyer Werft. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Celebrity Silhouette (ship, 2011).|
- Official website
- Cruise Critic review
- Celebrity Silhouette ship location in Google Maps
- Pictures from the Kitchen
- Pictures from the Christening
- "Celebrity Silhouette" – review by Jane Archer in The Daily Telegraph, London.
- "Well-fed on the Med" – review on traveller.com.au (Fairfax Media) of a cruise around the Mediterranean on the Celebrity Silhouette.