Celery salt is a seasoned salt used as a food seasoning, made from ground seeds, which may come from celery or its relative lovage. It is also sometimes produced using dried celery or seed oleoresin.
As a vegetable, celery seeds have potassium as the dominant ion over sodium (ninefold more).
Celery salt is an ingredient of the Bloody Mary cocktail and the Caesar cocktail. It is also an ingredient in KFC's secret spice mix. It is also commonly used to season the Chicago-style hot dog, the New York System wiener, salads, coleslaw and stews. It is a primary ingredient in Old Bay brand seasoning.
- "Celery Salt - Herbs & Spices - Schwartz UK". www.schwartz.co.uk.
- "CELERY - Bart Ingredients - Not all ingredients are equal". www.bart-ingredients.co.uk.
- Small, Ernest (2006). Culinary Herbs. p. 177. ISBN 9780660190730.
- Coffee and Tea Industries and the Flavor Field. 1914. p. 270.
- "Food Composition Databases Show Foods -- Spices, celery seed". ndb.nal.usda.gov. Archived from the original on 2018-03-21. Retrieved 2016-06-05.
- "Celery Salt - Buy Celery Salt Online".
- "The Colonel's original KFC chicken recipe found in scrapbook". NZ Herald. 4 January 2017 – via www.nzherald.co.nz.
- List of ingredients provided at: http://www.oldbay.com/Products/Old-Bay-Seasoning.aspx
- "Are the Health Concerns About Nitrates Overblown?".
|This condiment-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|