From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up celestial in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Celestial may refer to:
Not to be confused with Telestial kingdom.
- Sky objects, bodies and the following astronomy terms:
- Astronomical objects, see for detailed description of celestial bodies and objects
- Celestia, a 3D astronomy program that allows users to travel through the universe
- Celestial coordinate system, a system for mapping positions on the celestial sphere
- Celestial mechanics, the branch of astronomy that deals with the motions of celestial objects
- Celestial navigation, a position fixing technique that helps sailors cross the oceans
- Celestial sphere, an imaginary sphere concentric with the Earth – all objects in the sky can be thought of as projected upon the celestial sphere
- Celestial spheres, fundamental entities of the cosmological models developed by Plato, Eudoxus, Aristotle, Ptolemy, Copernicus and others
- Celestial object Celestial object event moves into the shadow of another. The occurrence of lunar and solar eclipse are as under; Astronomical objects
- Celestial (Circle X album), the final full-length studio album by Circle X released in 1994
- Celestial (Isis Album), the first full-length album by Isis released in 2000
- Celestial (RBD album), the third Spanish studio album by Mexican Latin pop group RBD
- Celestial Recordings, a record label from 1998–2002
- Celestiial, a one-man funeral doom metal band from Minnesota
- "Celestial", a song by P.O.D. from Satellite
- The Celestials (song), was the first single off the 2012 Smashing Pumpkins album Oceania
- Celestial digimon, used in Digimon Frontier, a TV series first broadcast in 2002
- Celestial Movies, a 24-hour satellite broadcast movie channel
- Celestial Navigation (The West Wing), 15th episode of the TV series The West Wing
- Celestial Being; a privately armed organization of the anime show Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Princess Celestia
- Celestial Eye, a breed of goldfish related to the Telescope eye
- Celestial Parrotlet (Forpus coelestis), also known as Pacific Parrotlet and Lesson's Parrotlet
Games and comics
- Celestial (comics), a race of powerful alien beings in Marvel Comics
- Celestials (Dungeons & Dragons), a race of angel-like beings in the Dungeons & Dragons game
- Various usages of "Celestial" in the mmorpg Dofus including monsters, attacks and items.
- Various usages of "Celestial" in the video game Ōkami, the most prominent is the Celestial Brush
- There is a celestial in Touhou, Known as Tenshi Hinanai. Celestials in Touhou are described as former humans, and can be divided into 2 classes: those who gained immortality and ascended to heaven, and those who attained enlightenment and entered Nirvana.
- Celestial Kingdom, the highest of three heavens or heavenly kingdoms in Mormon theology
Not to be confused with Telestial.
- Celestia (disambiguation)
- Celestial (Chinese), a 19th-century term for Chinese emigrants to the United States, Canada, and Australia
- Tianchao Daguo or "Celestial Kingdom", a term used to refer to the country of China
- Celestial Seasonings
- Hain Celestial Group
- Celestial Semiconductor
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Celestial.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.