|Celestial Movies, Celestial Movies HD|
|Launched||March 3, 2003|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)
|Astro Malaysia||Channel 309 (HD)
Channel 322 (SD)
|Transvision (Indonesia)||Channel 141|
|Indovision Indonesia||Channel 20|
|Aora TV Indonesia||Channel 211|
|NJOI Malaysia||Channel 322 (SD) (via NJOI Prepaid)|
|StarHub TV Singapore||Channel 868|
|Singtel TV (Previously Mio TV) Singapore||Channel 585
Channel 586 (Celestial Movies on Demand)
Celestial Movies and Celestial Movies HD is a 24-hour Cantonese and Mandarin movie channel. The channel also screens films from Japan and Korea, and shows interviews with movie stars and directors, entertainment news and film award ceremonies. Available in 11 territories across Asia Pacific, including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and other Asian countries, Celestial Movies is claimed to be the most broadly distributed Chinese-movie channel.
The channel features Chinese blockbusters, movies from regional film studios such as Media Asia Distribution, Emperor Motion Pictures, Filmko Pictures, Golden Harvest Entertainment, CJ Entertainment and Toho.
On weeknights, movies are scheduled by genres: namely Drama Monday, Action Tuesday, Comedy Wednesday, Romance Thursday and Fantasy Friday. During Saturday and Sunday nights, Celestial Movies showcases the blockbusters and first-run movies.
Other programmes include news of movie and film-festival from around the globe, documentaries and shorts. Celestial also produces a number of original behind-the-scenes programs such as: Celestial Cameos, Director To Director, Celestial Express and Star Talk.
Celestial Classic Movies
|Celestial Classic Movies|
|Launched||April 14, 2008|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Indovision Indonesia||Channel 22|
|Astro Malaysia||Channel 321|
|NJOI Malaysia||Channel 321|
|TVB Network Vision Hong Kong||Channel 50|
|SkyCable Philippines||Channel 97 (Digital)|
|Destiny Cable Philippines||Channel 97 (Digital)|
|Cablelink Philippines||Channel 201 (Digital)|
|Singtel TV Singapore||Channel 580 (Celestial Classic Movies)
Channel 581 (Celestial Classic Movies on Demand)
|Fetch TV Australia||Channel 816|
Celestial Classic Movies (CCM) is a 24-hour pay-TV movie channel screening Chinese classic movie masterpieces from the renowned Shaw Brothers library and other film libraries. All Shaw Brothers movies are digitally restored to bring viewers sound and picture quality matching the original cinematic prints.
Celestial Movies Pinoy
|Celestial Movies Pinoy|
|Launched||November 16, 2015
January 1, 2016
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Cignal Philippines||Channel 12 (SD)|
Celestial Tiger Entertainment has teamed with Viva Communications to create Celestial Movies Pinoy, a localized Philippines version of CTE’s Chinese film channel Celestial Movies. The channel began to test broadcast on November 16, 2015.
This channel was launched on January 1, 2016 on the basic tier of DTH satellite provider Cignal TV. Movies and on-air presentations are be dubbed in a mixture of Tagalog and English.
Their programming is a mix of Chinese-language movies and TV series, behind-the-scenes specials, interviews with Chinese talent and thematic programming centered around superstars or popular genres.
- Screendaily.com (2007), "Celestial Movies launches on Indonesia's TELKOMVision", retrieved on June 30, 2009
- Television Asia (2008), "Celestial Movies Asia and Celestial Classic Movies channels debut on now TV", retrieved on June 30, 2009, http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-179075879.html
- Television Asia (20030, "Celestial Movies launched at the most auspicious time: 3pm on the 3rd day of the 3rd month of the 3rd year of the millennium. Clearly Asia's newest channel is taking as few chances as possible", retrieved on June 30, 2009, http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-22891271_ITM
- Television Asia Plus Website, "Channel Description", retrieve on June 30, 2009, http://www.onscreenasia.com/annualguide/Channels/detail-10-CELESTIAL%20MOVIES
- Variety.com (2015), "CTE, Viva To Launch Filipino Version of Celestial Movies Channel", retrieved on November 16, 2015