This article appears to be a dictionary definition.
A celestial event is an astronomical phenomenon of interest that involves one or more celestial objects. Some examples of celestial events are the cyclical phases of the Moon, solar and lunar eclipses, transits and occultations, planetary oppositions and conjunctions, meteor showers, and comet flybys, solstices and equinoxes.
- Asteroid impact prediction
- Earth-grazing fireball
- Galaxy formation and evolution
- Gamma-ray burst
- List of asteroid close approaches to Earth
- List of Earth-crossing minor planets
- Transient astronomical event
- "Planets Align Over La Silla". ESO Picture of the Week. European Southern Observatory. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- Astronomy Calendar of Celestial Events for Calendar Year 2019, www.seasky.org