|Services||Cruise ship operator and chartering|
Celestyal Cruises (formerly Louis Cruises and Louis Cruise Lines) is a Cyprus-based cruise line and the only cruise company based in Greece. It is a subsidiary of the travel and tourism group Louis plc, that was founded in 1935 as the first travel agency in Cyprus. There are four ships under Celestyal's operation. Celestyal runs an Eastern Mediterranean program traveling to Greek and Turkish ports as well as a Cuba program. 2017 was Celestyal’s fifth year in Cuba. The company has historically chartered several ships to Marella Cruises, previously Thomson Cruises.
Celestyal renovated some of its fleet in 2015. 43 new balconies were added to the Crystal, and 227 outside cabins, 21 junior suites, and nine suites were refurbished on the Olympia. The Crystal is used for cruises in Cuba and Greece, and Olympia travels in Greece.
At the 2015 Greek Tourism Awards, Celestyal received four awards, one of which was the Gold Award for Themed Events. It also received two Silver Awards and one Bronze Award. The following year, it won the Cruise Line Revelation Award at the Excellence Awards in Cartagena, Spain. Celestyal received the Best Value Cruise Line of 2016 at Cruise Critic UK Editors' Picks Awards, as well as four Greek Tourism Awards in 2016.
In May 2017, Celestyal launched its redesigned website which was designed to include cruise information as well as company news and details for its value program, Celestyal Inclusive Experience.
In September 2017, Celestyal announced a partnership with Hays Travel to expand its customer base across the UK, making its cruises available through Hays Tour Operating Limited. Celestyal has also partnered with Air Canada Vacations, Transat, Hola Sun Holidays, Apple Vacations, Iglu and Planet Cruise.
In December 2017, Cruise Critic UK Editors' Picks Awards recognized Celestyal with Best for Service. The Marella Spirit also received three Cruise Critic UK Editors' Picks Awards. Also in 2017, Celestyal received five top Critic Cruiser's Choice Awards, as well as five awards at the Greek Tourism Awards.
In late 2017, Celestyal announced that it would be extending its cruise season in Greece to 10 months. The extension included seven-night Aegean cruises with overnight destinations in Mykonos and Santorini. The following month, Celestyal announced its 2019 Greek islands itineraries leaving from Piraeus, which had longer stays with more destinations included Mykonos, Samos or Kusadasi, Patmos, Heraklion (Crete), Rhodes and Santorini. The M/V Majesty was added to the Celestyal fleet in Greece for Aegean cruises in 2018, when its charter to Marella Cruises, previously Thomson Cruises, ended. In July 2018, it was announced that M/V Majesty was sold to the Israeli company Mano Maritime.
Celestyal was featured in the final episode of the second season of Jane McDonald's Channel 5 show, Cruising with Jane McDonald in 2017. McDonald went on a Cuban cruise that stopped in Cienfuegos, Santiago de Cuba and Montego Bay, Jamaica with an overnight in Havana.
with Celestyal Cruises
|Celestyal Crystal||1980||Wärtsilä Turku New Shipyard||2007-Present||25,611 tons||Malta||Operates cruises to Greece, Turkey, Cyprus and the Caribbean.|
|Celestyal Olympia||1982||Wärtsilä Hietalahti shipyard||2005, 2012-Present||37,584 tons||Malta||Currently operating on 3/4-day cruises from Greece.|
Out of service
with Celestyal Cruises
|Marella Spirit||1983||Chantiers de l'Atlantique||2002—2003||33,930 tons||Malta||It was chartered to Marella Cruises until 2018; previously Patriot, Spirit, and Nieuw Amsterdam.|
- "Celestyal Cruises' 2017 sailings offer a "different way to see Cuba"". Travel Week. 4 November 2016.
- "Celestyal Cruises partners with Hays Travel". Cruise Trade News. 12 September 2017.
- "Celestyal Expands Aegean Program, Cuba Goes Seasonal". Cruise Industry News. November 24, 2017.
- "Celestyal Cruises Reports Cuba Is Running Smoothly". Caribbean News Digital. 10 July 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Thomson Spirit to stay for another year 'due to popular demand'". Seatrade Cruise.
- Shawn Dake (6 March 2012). "Louis And Thomson Swap Majesty For Destiny". Maritime Matters.
- Soo Kim (10 October 2017). "Thomson Cruises rebrands as 'Marella' and announces string of new sailings to Asia". Telegraph.
- "Louis Cruises launches a new brand: Celestyal Cruises". Travel Daily News. Archived from the original on 15 March 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Σε Ευρώπη και Κίνα στοχεύει η Celestyal Cruises" (in Greek). Insider.gr. 15 December 2017.
- "Greek Island Hopping With Celestyal Cruises – A Great Way To See Ports Large And Small". Trip 101. 12 May 2017.
- "Celestyal Cruises Fleet Undergoes Refurbishment". Ships Monthly. 2 December 2015.
- "Cruise ship tours: Celestyal Cruises' Celestyal Crystal". USA Today.
- Brian Major (September 2017). "A Cuba Cruise Apart". Travel Pulse.
- Linda Garrison (29 August 2017). "Cuba Cruise on the Celestyal Crystal". Trip Savvy.
- "Celestyal Announces 2018 'Idylic Aegean' Cruise Itinerary". GTP. 27 October 2017.
- Adam Leposa (24 July 2017). "Aftershocks Hit Kos, Greece; No Cruise Changes Yet". Travel Agent Central.
- Tatiana Rokou (9 June 2017). "Celestyal Cruises' Greek Summer Festival begins June 2017". Travel Daily News.
- Deborah Stone (4 March 2016). "Celestyal Cruises offers 800 activities and events in its real Greece itineraries". Express. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Celestyal Named 'Best Value Cruise Line of 2016' by Cruise Critic". GTP. 2 November 2016. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Celestyal Cruises Announces New Season in the Aegean and New Destinations". The Cruise Editor. 16 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- James Shillinglaw (30 May 2017). "Insider Cruise Report: Silversea Group Sales, Celestyal's New Website, Carnival's Studios, MSC Cirque Shows, Holland America to Mexico". Insider Travel Report. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "New Celestyal website enhances content, eases bookings". Seatrade Cruise News. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- Tom Stieghorst (29 May 2017). "Celestyal Cruises upgrades site". Travel Weekly. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- Phil Davies (12 September 2017). "Hays Travel unveils exclusive Celestyal Cruises partnership". Travel Weekly. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- Gay Nagle Myers (23 January 2017). "Apple Vacations to offer Cuba cruises on Celestyal ship". Travel Weekly. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- Harry Kemble (8 November 2017). "Celestyal Cruises aims for 10,000 more UK passengers in next two years". Travel Weekly. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Top Cruise Ships of 2017 Named by Cruise Critic". Markets Insider. 12 December 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Celestyal Cruises" (in Greece). In.gr. 13 December 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "2017 Cruisers' Choice Awards". Cruse Critic. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Celestyal Cruises receives top 2017 Cruise Critic Cruisers' Choice Awards". Ships Ahoy. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Celestyal Cruises Wins Big at the Tourism Awards 2017". GTP. 24 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Celestyal Cruises to Extend 2018 Season with New Ports of Call, Adding Overnights". Cruise Critic. October 25, 2017.
- "Celestyal Cruises verlängert Ägäis-Saison" (in German). Touristik Aktuell. December 19, 2017.
- "Celestyal Cruises announces 2019 Greek islands itineraries". Seatrade Cruise News.
- "Celestyal Cruises präsentiert die Ägäis-Saison 2019" (in German). Cruise 4 News.
- "Celestyal Focuses on Greek Market, Aims to Offer Year Round Cruises". GTP. December 13, 2017. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- "Le M/V Majesty rejoint la flotte de Celestyal Cruises en Grèce" (in French). Tour Magazine. December 20, 2017.
- Vincent Groizeleau (December 22, 2017). "Celestyal Cruises va exploiter le Majesty, au moins momentanément" (in French). Mer et Marine.
- "Le M/V Majesty rejoint la flotte de Celestyal Cruises sur les croisières en Grèce" (in French). Le Quotidien du Tourisme. December 21, 2017. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- "Celestyal Cruises 'En İyi Hizmet Ödülü'ne layık görüldü" (in German). Deniz Haber Ajansi. December 15, 2017.
- "Louis: Πώληση πλοίου από θυγατρική" (in Greek). louisgroup.com. July 26, 2018.
- "Celestyal Cruises to Feature Again in "Cruising with Jane McDonald"". Cruise Critic. 25 October 2017.
- "Jane McDonald Cruises Cuba with Celestyal Cruises". World of Cruising Magazine. 22 September 2017.
- "Channel 5 Confirms Third Series of 'Cruising with Jane McDonald'". Cruise Critic. 4 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Celestyal Cruises.|