Celia Calle New York Comic Con
|Known for||graphic designer, illustrator, comic books|
Celia Calle is a Boston-born and New York City-based illustrator, fashion designer and comic book penciller. Educated at the Parsons School of Design, Calle began her career as a costume designer before eventually turning to illustration. Her illustration work has included the cover art for comic books such as Vertigo Comics' American Virgin (#15-#23), Virgin Comics' Walk-In and Seven Brothers, and Marvel Comics' Mekanix. Other illustration credits include work with ESPN Magazine, Adidas, Nike and MTV Networks. Calle's illustrations were included in the first issue of IDW Publishing's magazine Swallow. She's currently working on an adaptation of Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights.
- Irvine, Alex (2008), "American Virgin", in Dougall, Alastair, The Vertigo Encyclopedia, New York: Dorling Kindersley, pp. 22–24, ISBN 0-7566-4122-5, OCLC 213309015
- Walk-In #1 on Grand Comics Database.
- Seven Brothers vol. 2 #1 on Grand Comics Database.
- Celia Calle on Marvel.com.
- Swallow on IDW Publishing.
- IDW PUBLISHES SWALLOW - MODERN ILLUSTRATION MAGAZINE IN FEB, Newsarama, February 2, 2004
|This article about an American illustrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|