||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Celia Sánchez-Ramos is a scientist and researcher in the area of protection and prevention of vision. She holds a PhD in the area of Public Health and Preventive Medicine at the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM) and PhD in Vision Science from the University Europea. Degree in Pharmacy and Diploma in Optometry. In 2012 she has been invested "Doctor Honoris Causa" by the Menendez Pelayo International University for their support of the translation of scientific knowledge Society.
As a result of scientific research conducted in the Group of Neuro-Computation and Neuro-Robotics of the UCM she has got a large number of patents, research and publications in the field of optics, optometry and contact lenses as well as in biometric authentication and Eye and vision ergonomics; field dedicated to carrying over twenty five years.
Celia Sánchez-Ramos (Zaragoza 1959) is Doctor of Pharmacy in the area of Preventive Medicine since 1994., and a recognized expert in optics and optometry. She is Professor in Physiological Optics and Visual Perception at the Complutense University of Madrid. In 2010 she earned her second PhD in Vision Science for Europea University and in 2012 she has been invested "Doctor Honoris Causa" by the International University Menendez Pelayo by support for the translation of scientific knowledge Society.
She is Professor at the Complutense University of Madrid since 1986 lecturing in studies of Bachelor, Master (Research Methods;. Neurodegeneration and Neuroprotection of Visual and PhD System (doctoral theses). In addition, since 2006 she directs training courses of University expert on to study different aspects of vision. She Promotes, plans and develops innovative educational projects nationally and internationally. She was Director of the Optometry and Vision Department from 2010-14.
She is founder of the Research Group of Neuro-Computation and Neuro-Robotics at the Complutense University of Madrid. Her research in animal studies, clinical trials and experiments in-vitro study neurodegeneration, prevention and protection of the visual system and the visual signal processing by the visual pathway. For 25 years, she conducts national research projects funded by institutional bodies (Ministries and Autonomous Communities) and private entities (companies and foundations as ONCE, MAPFRE, MM) and projects promoted by international organizations, among which the Iberoamerican Network Visual Health.
She is the inventor of 15 patent families, with ownership of the UCM, regarding retinal neuroprotection through elements and optical devices. Patents protect therapeutic lenses and filters for healthy eyes, pseudophakic and / or with neurodegeneración process in extension multiple countries. She has received more than 20 awards for her research and translation of knowledge including the "Best International Inventor" award by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2009), Gold Medal for Best Invention of the Health Area and in 2010 won the "Grand Prize for Best International Invention" by the United Nations. She has been nominated for the Prince of Asturias (2011) and the Jaime I Prize Innovation Award (2012).
She is a member of the Spanish Society of Optics and the Spanish Society of Ophthalmology. She is Vice-President of the Task Force for Medical Physics (GEFM) of the Royal Spanish Society of Physics. Internationally, she takes part of various committees in the Pan American Ophthalmology Society and the American and European Societies Research in Vision (ARVO and EVER). She is scientific advisor on issues related to the promotion of Visual Health for companies, institutions and associations affected. In 2015 she was appointed scientific advisor to the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT). She evaluates and audits some public agencies and private entities, as well as reviews scientific publication. She is a consultant for Scientific Material from various private companies in their area of expertise and she is part of the Scientific Committee of various foundations.
She has authored and collaborated in publishing and editing books, chapters and scientific articles in their area of expertise. Since 1990 takes part in conferences, symposia, scientific meetings and lectures worldwide. Today she is actively involved in the task of disseminating scientific actions within the programs "Education for visual health" for her conviction of the need to involve individuals in the care of their own health.
In June 2006 she founded the spin-off of the Complutense University of Madrid Alta Eficacia Tecnología SL whose main purpose is the marketing of products, patents and utility models in the field of optometry, contact lens, biometrics and neurociencia.
In various forums it is considered the research team of Dr. Celia Sanchez Ramos leader in the use of the protection of research results through patents, utility models, design registration and copyright; considering intellectual property in research as an important asset for society. Since 2005 Intellectual Property Conference organized at the highest level achieved by uniting the efforts of the administrations, universities and research centers. She also actively involved in the Platform for Researchers UCM.
She also has a deep social commitment that took her to address various development cooperation projects to train teachers in her area of expertise(Paraguay, Ecuador, Mozambique).
Since 1980 it is known that the violet and blue light in the visible spectrum is related to the pathogenesis of macular degeneration (AMD). Removal by blocking a percentage of violet and blue light decreases cell death by apoptosis in vitro cells, in experimental animals prevents photothermal, photomechanical and photochemical damage. In human trials it shows less thickness of the retina in photoprotected eyes .
Ocular Biometric authentication
The different structures of the human body are being used for authentication of people. In the eye the retina is used as a differentiator including the proyection of the fixation point. The corneal structure due to its characteristics and in particular its transparency allows differentiation by corneal topography of the anterior and posterior surface of the structure.
Knowledge of visual function from childhood to old age allows us to study and develop elements and devices to improve performance in school, professional and performing tasks that require close attention.
Current activities (2016)
As reported in many interviews, the activity of Celia Sánchez-Ramos is currently focused on four areas: teaching, research, innovation and social responsibility.
Since 2005, she has organized Intellectual Property Workshops of the highest level; events that have united the efforts of public authorities, businesses, universities and research centres.
Dr. Sánchez-Ramos also shows her solidarity with social issues, having undertaken several projects with development in mind. “We cannot continue to ignore it. In Paraguay, there are 70,000 blinded by cataracts. In Europe, blindness caused by cataracts is now practically unknown,” she has publicly said.
- Therapeutic contact lens for pseudophakic eyes and/or eyes suffering neurodegeneration
- Therapeutic and prophylactic ophthalmologic lens for pseudophakic eyes and/or eyes suffering neurodegeneration
- Illumination system with a therapeutic and prophylactic filter for healthy eyes, pseudophakic eyes and/or eyes suffering neurodegeneration
- A components for a transport vehicle with therapeutic and prophylactic functions for protecting eyes and a method therefor.
- Light source with reduced emission of short wavelengths for the protection of eyes
- Preventive element used on the transparent surfaces of buildings for the protection and therapy of eyes
- Safety and prevention helmet visor having a surface that has been treated to provide eye protection and therapy
- Lining/coating material or screen for the therapy and protection of eyes against the effects of blue light
- Glasses for safety and prevention, comprising a treated surface, for the protection and treatment of eyes in certain occupations and during sport.
- Person recognition method and device incorporating the anatomic location of the retina as a biometric constant, corresponding to the physiological location of the projection of the visual axis
- System and method of diffuse illumination for the interior of motor vehicles
- Biometric identification through examination of the map of spherical surfaces of the second ocular diopter
- kit and method for the premortem in vitro detection of Alzheimer´s disease
- Blocking element of short wavelength light sources LED type
- Diopter configured to restrict electromagnetic radiations damaging the visual system
- Acid-sensing ion channels (ASICs) 2 and 4.2 are expressed in the retina of the adult zebrafish.
- New sunglasses with Certification of Retinal Safety: Analysis of visual function by assessing visual and stereoscopic acuity, color discrimination and contrast sensitivity.
- Macular thickness measured by optical coherence tomography in pseudoaphakic eyes with clear vs yellow implant.
- Reliability of retinal imaging screening in retinopathy of prematurity.
- Pupillary behavior in relation to wavelength and age.
- Light Regulates the Expression of the BDNF/TrkB System in the Adult Zebrafish Retina.
- Effects Of Light Emitting Diodes Radiations On Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells In Vitro.
- Utility of dynamic pupillometry in alcohol testing on drivers.
- New optical filter for use as eye protection by welders. A new protective optical filter plate was designed to improved visibility.
- Wetability and deposits accumulation on anterior surface of blue light-filtering contact lens.
- Expression of TRPV4 in the Zebrafish Retina During Development.
- Controlled pupilar miosis to improve mesopic visual function in drivers over 40 years old.
- Expression and cell localization of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and TrkB during zebrafish retinal development.
- Effect of retinal phototoxicity induced by blue light exposure on the response properties of neurons of the lateral geniculate nucleus of the rat.
- Sánchez Ramos, Celia (2002-01-01). Estudio de los estados de refracción visual en jóvenes universitarios y su relación con el uso de ordenador. Madrid: Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Servicio de Publicaciones. ISBN 84-8466-936-X.
- "TESEO". Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- 2015-12-28. "La Universidad Europea de Madrid acredita a la primera doctora en España en Ciencias de la Visión y en Medicina Preventiva".
- "TESEO". Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- "Dra. Dña. Celia Sánchez-Ramos". UIMP. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "UCM-Universidad Complutense de Madrid". www.ucm.es. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- Therapeutic contact lens for pseudoaphakic eyes and/or eyes undergoing a neurodegenerative process., retrieved 2016-01-07
- Therapeutic prophylactic ophthalmologic lens for pseudoaphakic eyes and/or eyes suffering neurodegeneration, retrieved 2016-01-07
- Illumination System Fitted with a Therapeutic/Prophylactic Filter for Healthy Eyes, Pseudoaphakic Eyes or Eyes Suffering Neurodegeneration, retrieved 2016-01-07
- A Component for a Transport Vehicle with Therapeutic and Prophylactic Functions for Protecting Eyes and a Method Therefor, retrieved 2016-01-08
- Light Source with Reduced Emission of Short Wavelengths for Protection of the Eyes, retrieved 2016-01-07
- Preventive element intended to be applied to transparent building surfaces in order to provide eye protection and therapy, retrieved 2016-01-07
- Safety and prevention helmet visor having a surface that has been treated to provide eye protection and therapy, retrieved 2016-01-07
- Material for Covering, Coating or Screening for Eye Protection and Therapy Against the Effects of Blue Light, retrieved 2016-01-07
- Glasses for Safety and Prevention, Comprising a Treated Surface, for the Protection and Treatment of Eyes in Certain Occupations and During Sport, retrieved 2016-01-07
- Person Recognition Method and Device Incorporating the Anatomic Location of the Retina as a Biometric Constant, Corresponding to the Physiological Location of the Projection of the Visual Axis., retrieved 2016-01-07
- Device and Method for Diffused Lighting for Vehicle Interiors., retrieved 2016-01-07
- Biometric Recognition Through Examination of the Surface Map of the Second Ocular Dioptric, retrieved 2016-01-07
- Kit and Method for the Premortem in Vitro Detection of Alzheimer's Disease, retrieved 2016-01-08
- "Espacenet - Datos bibliográficos". lp.espacenet.com. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- Diopter configured to restrict electromagnetic radiations damaging the visual system, retrieved 2016-01-05
- Viña, E.; Parisi, V.; Sánchez-Ramos, C.; Cabo, R.; Guerrera, M. C.; Quirós, L. M.; Germanà, A.; Vega, J. A.; García-Suárez, O. (2015-05-01). "Acid-sensing ion channels (ASICs) 2 and 4.2 are expressed in the retina of the adult zebrafish". Cell and Tissue Research. 360 (2): 223–231. doi:10.1007/s00441-014-2084-5. ISSN 1432-0878. PMID 25585988.
- "Nuevos lentes solares con certificado de seguridad retiniana: análisis de la función visual mediante la valoración de agudeza visual y estereoscópica, discriminación del color y sensibilidad al contraste". revistas.lasalle.edu.co (in Spanish). Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- Chamorro, E.; Bonnin-Arias, C.; Pérez-Carrasco, M. J.; Alvarez-Rementería, L.; Villa-Collar, C.; Armadá-Maresca, F.; Sánchez-Ramos, C. (2014-04-01). "[Macular thickness measured by optical coherence tomography in pseudoaphakic eyes with clear vs yellow implant]". Archivos de la Sociedad Española de Oftalmología. 89 (4): 136–142. doi:10.1016/j.oftal.2013.12.010. ISSN 1989-7286. PMID 24548791.
- Navarro-Blanco, C.; Peralta-Calvo, J.; Pastora-Salvador, N.; Alvarez-Rementería, L.; Chamorro, E.; Sánchez-Ramos, C. (2014-09-01). "[Reliability of retinal imaging screening in retinopathy of prematurity]". Anales de Pediatría. 81 (3): 149–154. doi:10.1016/j.anpedi.2013.10.055. ISSN 1695-9531. PMID 24316297.
- Lobato-Rincón, Luis-Lucio; Cabanillas-Campos, Maria Del Carmen; Bonnin-Arias, Cristina; Chamorro-Gutiérrez, Eva; Murciano-Cespedosa, Antonio; Sánchez-Ramos Roda, Celia (2014-01-01). "Pupillary behavior in relation to wavelength and age". Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 8: 221. doi:10.3389/fnhum.2014.00221. ISSN 1662-5161. PMC . PMID 24795595.
- Sánchez-Ramos, C.; Bonnin-Arias, C.; Guerrera, M. C.; Calavia, M. G.; Chamorro, E.; Montalbano, G.; López-Velasco, S.; López-Muñiz, A.; Germanà, A. (2013-01-01). "Light regulates the expression of the BDNF/TrkB system in the adult zebrafish retina". Microscopy Research and Technique. 76 (1): 42–49. doi:10.1002/jemt.22133. ISSN 1097-0029. PMID 23070877.
- Chamorro, Eva; Bonnin-Arias, Cristina; Pérez-Carrasco, María Jesús; Muñoz de Luna, Javier; Vázquez, Daniel; Sánchez-Ramos, Celia (2013-04-01). "Effects of light-emitting diode radiations on human retinal pigment epithelial cells in vitro". Photochemistry and Photobiology. 89 (2): 468–473. doi:10.1111/j.1751-1097.2012.01237.x. ISSN 1751-1097. PMID 22989198.
- Lobato-Rincón, Luis Lucio; Cabanillas Campos, María Carmen; Navarro-Valls, Juan José; Bonnin-Arias, Cristina; Chamorro, Eva; Sánchez-Ramos Roda, Celia (2013-01-01). "[Utility of dynamic pupillometry in alcohol testing on drivers]". Adicciones. 25 (2): 137–145. ISSN 0214-4840. PMID 23748942.
- "The Welding Journal; Febrero 2013, vol 92; pp 36-s-40-s" (PDF). Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- Chamorro, E; Bonnin-Arias, C; Ramirez-Mercado, G; Urbano-Rodriguez, R; Rios-Santos, R; Sanchez-Ramos, C (2012-09-01). "Wetability and deposits accumulation on anterior surface of blue light-filtering contact lens". Acta Ophthalmologica. 90: 0–0. doi:10.1111/j.1755-3768.2012.T050.x. ISSN 1755-3768.
- Sánchez-Ramos, C.; Guerrera, M. C.; Bonnin-Arias, C.; Calavia, M. G.; Laurà, R.; Germanà, A.; Vega, J. A. (2012-06-01). "Expression of TRPV4 in the zebrafish retina during development". Microscopy Research and Technique. 75 (6): 743–748. doi:10.1002/jemt.21120. ISSN 1097-0029. PMID 22298338.
- Navarro Valls, J; Ramirez-Mercado, G; Perez-Carrasco, Mj; Lobato-Rincon, Ll; Chamorro, E; Sanchez-Ramos, C (2012-09-01). "Controlled pupilar miosis to improve mesopic visual function in drivers over 40 years old". Acta Ophthalmologica. 90: 0–0. doi:10.1111/j.1755-3768.2012.F053.x. ISSN 1755-3768.
- Germanà, A.; Sánchez-Ramos, C.; Guerrera, M. C.; Calavia, M. G.; Navarro, M.; Zichichi, R.; García-Suárez, O.; Pérez-Piñera, P.; Vega, Jose A. (2010-09-01). "Expression and cell localization of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and TrkB during zebrafish retinal development". Journal of Anatomy. 217 (3): 214–222. doi:10.1111/j.1469-7580.2010.01268.x. ISSN 1469-7580. PMC . PMID 20649707.
- GARCíA ORTEGA, M; Sanchez-Jimenez, A; Vicente-Tejedor, J; Sanchez Ramos, C (2010-09-01). "Effect of retinal phototoxicity induced by blue light exposure on the response properties of neurons of the lateral geniculate nucleus of the rat". Acta Ophthalmologica. 88: 0–0. doi:10.1111/j.1755-3768.2010.500.x. ISSN 1755-3768.
- "UCM-Universidad Complutense de Madrid". www.ucm.es. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- Celia Sánchez-Ramos Web
- "FACULTAD DE ÓPTICA Y OPTOMETRÍA" (PDF). 2015-12-28.
- "BOUC" (PDF). 2015-12-28.