|Full name||Celio Roberto Rodríguez da Silva|
|Date of birth||September 20, 1969|
|Place of birth||Paranaíba, Brazil|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder
|CR Vasco da Gama|
|1992–2001||Luis Ángel Firpo|
|1996–1997||El Roble (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 February 2012.|
Rodríguez was born Célio Rodrigues in Brasil and played for several local teams in his early years before making the move to Mexican side Puebla. In 1992, he crossed the border to launch a lengthy career with Luis Ángel Firpo with whom he would win 5 league titles and stay for 10 years, except for a season on loan to El Roble. In 1997, he was joint top goalscorer of the Salvadoran Premier Division. He officially retired in 2001 although he still played a few games in 2002.
A naturalized Salvadoran citizen, Rodríguez made his debut for El Salvador in an August 2000 friendly match against Haiti, but he failed to impress and got injured. The match in the end proved to be his only international game.
Rodríguez retired in 2001 to become vicar of the church of Usulután, after he had studied theology during his football career.
He is married to Karla Marina Sigüenza and they have one daughter together. His daughter's name is Camila Rodriguez.
- 1995, 1996, 1997, Apertura 1998, Clausura 2000
- ¿Qué PASÓ con... celio rodríguez?Su perfil y triunfos(profile and achievements) - El Salvador.com (Spanish)
- CONCACAF semifinal round continues this weekend - FIFA
- Boyz ready for battle Archived March 20, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. - Jamaica Gleaner
- Celio, en la lista de bajas - El Diario de Hoy (Spanish)