Cell Signaling Technology
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2009)|
|Privately held company|
|Industry||Life Science, Manufacturing|
|Michael Comb, President and CEO
Roberto Polakiewicz, Chief Scientific Officer
|Products||Antibodies, ELISA Kits, ChIP Kits|
Number of employees
|300 — 350|
|Subsidiaries||Cell Signaling Technology Japan, K.K.
Cell Signaling Technology (China) Limited
Cell Signaling Technology Europe, B.V.
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) established in Beverly, Massachusetts in 1999, is a privately held company which produces antibodies and related reagents used to study cell signaling pathways. CST's current corporate headquarters are located in Danvers, Massachusetts.
Originally housed in the Cummings Center (Beverly, MA), CST moved to its current United States headquarters located at the former King’s Grant Inn (Danvers, MA) in late 2005. Following extensive renovation, the U.S. Green Building Council has certified the current headquarters as a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified facility in 2007. In 2008 and 2009, CST expanded its overseas operations, establishing subsidiary offices in the People’s Republic of China, Japan, and the Netherlands.
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) was named as one of the “Top 100 Places to Work” in a 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 survey published by the Boston Globe.
CST maintains a curated, web-based bioinformatics resource known as PhosphoSitePlus, which details protein phosphorylation in human, mouse and rat. Curated information also includes other post-translational modifications, such as protein acetylation, methylation and ubiquitinylation. This freely accessible, on-line resource is funded in part through support from the NIH.
- A lab with a view: New research space reflects company's open, research-driven philosophy
- King's Grant Inn goes from hotel to biotech HQ
- NEW Room At The Inn
- Public buildings take the 'LEED' in New England
- Cell Signaling Technology opens unit in Japan
- Cell Signaling Technology buys Dutch distributor
- Globe Top 100 Places to Work
- Hornbeck PV, Chabra I, Kornhauser JM, Skrzypek E, Zhang B (June 2004). "PhosphoSite: A bioinformatics resource dedicated to physiological protein phosphorylation". Proteomics 4 (6): 1551–61. doi:10.1002/pmic.200300772. PMID 15174125.
- Cell Signaling Technology Announces the Availability of PhosphoScan Profiling Technology and PhosphoSite Knowledgebase to Academic Researchers.