|Directed by||John Carl Buechler|
|Produced by||Bob Wynn
Charles Band (executive)
|Written by||Don Mancini|
|Starring||Yvonne De Carlo
|Music by||Carl Dante|
|Edited by||Barry Zetlin|
|Distributed by||Empire Pictures|
Cellar Dweller is a 1988 horror film, about a comic book artist who unleashes a demon after drawing it. It was directed by John Carl Buechler, written by Don Mancini (as Kit Du Bois), and stars Debrah Farentino and Brian Robbins.
Thirty years have passed since the grisly murder/suicide of Colin Childress, creator of the comic book, Cellar Dweller. But, as often happens to those ignorant of it, comic book artist Whitney Taylor is doomed to repeat history in a most grotesque way. Little does she know that her twisted renderings will soon reincarnate the bloody hysteria of Cellar Dweller.
- Debrah Farentino - Whitney Taylor (credited as Debrah Mullowney)
- Brian Robbins - Phillip Lemley
- Vince Edwards - Norman Meshelski
- Miranda Wilson - Lisa
- Jeffrey Combs - Colin Childress
- Pamela Bellwood - Amanda
- Yvonne De Carlo - Mrs. Briggs
The film was released directly to videocassette and laserdisc on September 20, 1988 by New World Video. In 1991, Starmaker Video released a tape in the EP Mode. 10 years after that, MGM released an Amazon.com Exclusive VHS of the film.
On October 29, 2013, it was released on DVD for the first time by Scream Factory, along with Contamination 7, Catacombs and The Dungeonmaster as part of the second volume of their Scream Factory All-Night Horror Marathon series. It was released again by Scream Factory with Catacombs as a Blu-ray double feature on July 14, 2015.
- "Company Credits for Cellar Dweller". imdb.com. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- "Cellar Dweller". amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- "Scream Factory Details Scarecrows Release; Announces Nomads, Jack's Back, Ghost Town and More". DC. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
|This article about a 1980s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|