|Birth name||Marcellus McCarver|
|Origin||Vallejo, California|
|Labels||Sick Wid It, Jive, Real Talk|
|Associated acts||Spice 1, Jayo Felony, E-40, B-Legit, Clone (Rapper)|
|Website||Celly Cel on Myspace|
Marcellus McCarver, better known by his stage name Celly Cel, is an American rapper from Vallejo, California. He released his first single, Lifestyle of a Mack, on his independent record label Realside Records in 1992. He released his debut studio album, Heat 4 Yo Azz, in 1994, and released a second album, Killa Kali, a year later.
In 1996, he appeared on the Red Hot Organization's compilation CD, America is Dying Slowly, alongside Biz Markie, Wu-Tang Clan, and Fat Joe, among many other prominent hip hop artists. The CD, meant to raise awareness of the AIDS epidemic among African American men, was heralded as "a masterpiece" by The Source magazine.
His next appearance wasn't until 1998, with his third album: G-Filez. Deep Conversation followed in mid-2000.
|1994||Heat 4 Yo Azz||-||34|
|1998||The G Filez||53||17|
|2005||It'z Real Out Here||-||-|
|2006||Slaps, Straps and Baseball Hats||-||-|
|2012||Big Faces EP||-||-|
- 1999: The Best of Celly Cel
- 2001: Live From the Ghetto
- 2002: Song'z U Can't Find
- 2006: The Wild West
- 2006: Brings the Gumbo Pot
- 2007: Cali Luv
- 2007: Best of Celly Cel 2: Tha Sick Wid It Dayz
- 2008: In the shadow of an icon - TupacTribute.com No Tomorrow
- allmusic ((( Celly Cel > Biography )))
- ((( Celly Cel > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums ))). All Media Guide, LLC. Retrieved on 2010-02-08.