|Origin||California, United States|
|Wikinews has related news: Wikinews interview with America's Got Talent finalists Celtic Spring|
Celtic Spring is an Irish-American dance and fiddle band from California, United States. The family band combine Irish Traditional Music with Irish and Cape Breton step dancing. The members of Celtic Spring are all members of the Wood family.
They appeared as finalists on NBC's variety show, America's Got Talent. In the finale of the show, Celtic Spring were in the Top 5 with the then 11-year-old solo singer and eventual winner Bianca Ryan, cloggers All That, music duo The Millers, and yodeler Taylor Ware (then also 11 years old).
In 2004, the band completed a two-month European tour and released a debut album titled At The Source. In 2005, they toured in Canada, and in 2009 the band toured extensively, including a noted appearance at World Youth Day in Sydney, Australia.
- Mary (mother) - keyboards
- Greg (father) - bodhrán, percussion
- Deirdre - fiddle, step dance, vocal
- Elizabeth Wood - fiddle, step dance, octave fiddle
- Seán - octave mandolin, fiddle, step dance, octave fiddle
- Patrick - octave fiddle, fiddle, step dance
- Máire - fiddle, step dance
- Aidan - step dance, fiddle
- At The Source (2004)
- Cornerstone (2007)
- Official website
- Celtic Spring’s radio blog
- Wikinews: Wikinews interview with America's Got Talent finalists Celtic Spring
|This article on a United States folk music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|