performing at Ankara in 2008
|Birth name||Cem Filiz|
|Born||November 30, 1980|
|Genres||Avant-garde, alternative rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, author, producer, director|
|Labels||UJR Productions, M2K Productions|
Cem Adrian (born 30 November 1980.) is a Turkish singer-songwriter, author, producer and director. He is known for his ability to sing from bass to soprano, as his vocal cords are three times the length of an average person's.
Early life and education
Adrian started his career in radio publishing at eighteen, and continued for about six years. At the same time he studied theatre and photography and recorded about 250 of his own songs at the studios of a radio station where he used to work.
In 2003, he performed as the singer and dancer of the ethnic music band "Mystica" which he founded, in Istanbul. In the autumn of 2004, he started his education as a "special student" at the Faculty of Music and Performing Arts, Bilkent University, at the invitation of Fazil Say.
In February 2005, Adrian released his first album Ben Bu Sarkiyi Sana Yazdim. This album includes the songs which Adrian had recorded by himself between 1997 and 2003 in Edirne, and the live recordings of his first academic performance with Fazil Say. This demo album achieved sales of 16,000 copies.
He performed in a series of concerts which started with "Babylon" in 2005 in Istanbul, and continued with the premiere of the Hamburg Music Season with the Bremen Jazz Festival, including Fazil Say and Burhan Ocal.
In 2006, he started working on his second self-produced album, which was published in November 2006 by the name Aşk Bu Gece Şehri Terk Etti.
Adrian has released five albums. The first, Ben Bu Şarkıyı Sana Yazdım – I Wrote This Song To You, was released in 2005. He released his second, Aşk Bu Gece Şehri Terk Etti – Love Has Left the City Tonight, the following year. After a gap of a year he released two more, Essentials / Seçkiler, Emir (Order) in 2008 and Kayıp Çocuk Masalları – Lost Fairy Tales in December 2010.
- Ben Bu Şarkıyı Sana Yazdım (I Wrote This Song To You) (2005)
- Aşk Bu Gece Şehri Terk Etti (Love Has Left The City Tonight) (2006)
- Essentials / Seçkiler (Essentials) (2008)
- Emir (The Behest) (2008)
- Kayıp Çocuk Masalları (Lost Children Fictions) (2010)
- Siyah Bir Veda Öpücügü (A Black Farewell Kiss) (2012)
- Şeker Prens ve Tuz Kral (The Sugar Prince and The Saline King) (2013)
- Cam Havli (2014)
- Sana bunları hiç bilmediğin bir yerden yazıyorum (2014)
- Made In Turkey Vol. IV (selection)
- Al Fadimem (folk song, from album Essentials)
- Lora: Bir Kadının Portresi
- Artun Ertürk & Diplomatik Rock Opera
- Tetik: Ta Kendisi
- Beş kişi arabada
- Soner Canözer & Prag Filarmoni Orkestrası: Masalcı’nın On Beş Yılı (2009)
- Kaf Dağının Ardında
- Fazıl Say featuring Güvenç Dağüstün, Burcu Uyar and Selva Erdener
- İnsan İnsan
- Capa, Ebru (2005-05-07). "Kaleydoskop içine hapsolmuş kanatsız bir melek (Angel without wings, captured in a caleidoscope)" (in Turkish). Hürriyet. Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- Sicak production credits: Menu Sicak >> Künye Archived February 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cem Adrian.|