Cemetery Road Metrolink station
Cemetery Road Metrolink station in February 2013
Location of Cemetery Road in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||8 February 2013 (preview)
11 February 2013 (full)
|UK Trams portal|
Cemetery Road Metrolink Station is a tram stop on the East Manchester Line (EML) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. It opened on 11 February 2013, after a three-day free trial for local residents. The station was constructed as part of Phase 3a of the Metrolink's expansion, and is located in Droylsden at the junction of Manchester Road and Cemetery Road, a part of Tameside, England.
- 12 minute service to Rochdale Town Centre with double trams in the peak
- 12 minute service to Ashton-under-Lyne with double trams in the peak
Connecting bus routes
Cemetery Road is directly served by Stagecoach Manchester bus service 216, which stops next to the station on Manchester Road and replicates the tram route between Piccadilly Gardens and Ashton-under-Lyne. Stagecoach/JPT services 217 and 218, which also stops on Manchester Road, run circular routes between Manchester and Mossley serving Droylsden, Dukinfield, Ashton, Tameside General Hospital and Stalybridge.
- "It's the final countdown". Transport for Greater Manchester. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Kirby, Dean (4 December 2012). "Opening of Metrolink tram service to Droylsden delayed until February 2013". Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Droylsden’s new Metrolink line to open in February". Transport for Greater Manchester. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Metrolink - Cemetery Road station" (PDF). Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
towards Rochdale Town Centre
|Rochdale Town Centre – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|