Akyol with Galatasaray
|No. 11 – Beşiktaş|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|League||Turkish Basketball League
April 16, 1987 |
Kadıköy, İstanbul, Turkey
|Listed height||6 ft 5.5 in (1.97 m)|
|Listed weight||208 lb (94 kg)|
|NBA draft||2005 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59th overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|2007–2008||→ Galatasaray Café Crown|
|2012–2014||Galatasaray Liv Hospital|
|2015–present||Beşiktaş Integral Forex|
Akyol was drafted 59th overall in the 2005 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks. On February 20, 2014, the Atlanta Hawks traded Akyol's draft rights to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Antawn Jamison and on January 7, 2015 the Clippers traded his rights to the Philadelphia 76ers, along with Jared Cunningham and cash for the rights to Sergei Lishouk. On February 19, 2015, he was again traded to the Denver Nuggets for Javale McGee and the rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum.
Turkish national team
Akyol is also a regular Turkish national team player.
- Besiktas brings in veteran forward Akyol
- HAWKS ACQUIRE ANTAWN JAMISON FROM LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- "Clippers Trade Cunningham To 76ers". NBA.com. January 7, 2015. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "Nuggets Acquire Rights to Cenk Akyol". NBA.com. February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Genç çift dünyaevine girdi". Radikal (in Turkish). 2013-08-21. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cenk Akyol.|