|Founded||January 1, 1983|
44-46 Kampala Road
|John Ddumba Ssentamu,
|Products||Loans, checking, savings, investments, debit cards|
Number of employees
The headquarters and main branch of Centenary Bank are located in Mapeera House, at 44-46 Kampala Road, in the central business district of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The geographical coordinates of the bank's headquarters are: 0°18'53.0"N, 32°34'41.0"E (Latitude:0.314722; Longitude:32.578056).
The bank is a large financial services provider in Uganda. It is primarily involved in the promotion of development through loans to rural farmers, processors of agricultural produce, small traders, small manufacturers, importers, and exporters. While engaged in all areas of commercial banking, the bank has a significant portion of its portfolio in the microfinance arena in an attempt to meet the needs of the many individuals and business entities with limited means. As of December 2017, the bank's assets were UGX:2.706 trillion (US$722 million), with shareholders' equity of UGX:557.8 billion (US$150 million).
The bank was founded in 1983 as a credit trust, Centenary Rural Development Trust (CRDT), by Simeon Lutaakome, Hugh Francis Pulle, Paul Kateregga, Vincent Kirabo kya Maria, Emmanuel Mpande, and John Ogutu. In 1985, CRDT began to provide financial services to the public. The bank became a fully licensed commercial bank in 1993, after receiving a license from the Bank of Uganda. As of May 2016, Centenary Bank was the largest majority indigenous Ugandan commercial bank.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Roman Catholic Dioceses of Uganda||38.5|
|2||Uganda Roman Catholic Secretariat||31.3|
|3||Stitching Hivos-Triodos Fonds, a wholly owned subsidiary of Triodos Bank||18.3|
|4||Solidarité Internationale pour le Développement et l'Investissement, a French investment bank||11.6|
|5||Four Ugandan individuals||0.3|
As of December 2017[update], Centenary Bank had its headquarters in Kampala. Its headquarters building is Mapeera House, on Kampala Road opposite City Square. The bank had a network of 63 bank branches together with 157 linked automated teller machines at 115 locations in the Central, Western, Northern, and Eastern Regions. The bank had 1,493,554 deposit accounts.
- Adjumani Branch - 20 Manyi Road, Adjumani
- Apac Branch - 22 Akokoro Road, Apac
- Arua Branch - 3 Avenue Road, Arua
- Bugiri Branch - 117 Grant Street, off Iganga-Tororo Highway, Bugiri
- Bundibugyo Branch - 2 Block D, Fort Portal Highway, Bundibujyo Town Council
- Bwaise Branch - 526 Bombo Road, Bwaise
- Bwera Branch - 102 Bukonjo Block, Bwera
- Entebbe Road Branch - Talenta House, 7 Entebbe Road, Kampala
- Entebbe Road Annex Branch - 18-20 Entebbe Road, Kampala
- Fort Portal Branch - 4 Rukidi III 7th Street, Fort Portal
- Gulu Branch - 426 Gulu Street, Gulu
- Hoima Branch - 41-43 Fort Portal Road, Hoima
- Ibanda Branch - 4 Main Street, Ibanda
- Iganga Branch - Wagoina Road, Iganga
- Ishaka Branch - 432 Rukungiri Road, Ishaka
- Isingiro Branch - 17A High Street, Isingiro
- Jinja Branch - 6 Nizam Road, Jinja
- Kabalagala Branch - Ggaba Road, Kabalagala
- Kabale Branch - 129 Kabale Road, Kabale
- Kagadi Branch - Kagadi
- Kamuli Branch - Kamuli
- Kanungu Branch - Kihiihi Road, Kanungu
- Kapchorwa Branch - 1 Market Street, Kapchorwa
- Kasese Branch - 13-14 Portal Street, Kasese
- Kayabwe Branch - Kayabwe, Mpigi District
- Kayunga Branch - Main Street, Kayunga
- Kiboga Branch - 101 Hoima Road, Kiboga
- Kikuubo Branch - 38 William Street, Kampala
- Kireka Branch - Kampala-Jinja Highway, Kireka, Kira Town
- Kisoro Branch - Kisoro
- Kitgum Branch - 7-8 Ogwok Road, Kitgum
- Koboko Branch - 19 Central Road, Koboko
- Kotido Branch - Kotido
- Kumi Branch - 39 Ngora Road, Kumi
- Kyenjojo Branch - 2-6 Nyantongo Road, Kyenjojo
- Kyotera Branch - 6 Kyotera Road, Kyotera
- Lira Branch - 5-7 Soroti Road, Lira
- Lugogo Branch - Forest Mall, Lugogo Bypass Road, Kampala
- Lyantonde Branch - Central Road, Lyantonde
- Makerere University Brancch - St Augustine Students' Center, Makerere University Main Campus, Kampala
- Masaka Branch - 6 Edward Avenue, Masaka
- Masindi Branch - 59-61 Masindi Port Road, Masindi
- Mapeera House Branch - Mapeera House, Kampala Road, Kampala Main Branch
- Mbale Branch - 54 Republic Street, Mbale
- Mbarara Branch - 25-27 High Street, Mbarara
- Mityana Branch - 50 Corner House, Mityana
- Moroto Branch - Moroto
- Mpigi Branch - 106 Butambala Road, Mpigi
- Mubende Branch - Mubende
- Mukono Branch - Kampala-Jinja Highway, Mukono
- Najjanankumbi Branch - Pelican House, 1032 Entebbe Road, Najjanankumbi
- Nakivubo Road Branch - Mukwano Arcade, Kampala
- Namirembe Road Branch - 16 Namirembe Road, Kampala
- Nateete Branch - Masaka Road, Kampala
- Nebbi Branch - 1-5 Bishop Orombi Road, Nebbi
- Ntinda Branch - Capital Shoppers Mall, Ntinda Road, Ntinda, Kampala
- Ntungamo Branch - 4C Mbarara-Kabale Road, Ntungamo
- Paidha Branch - 16 Arua Road, Paidha
- Rubaga Branch - Rubaga Cathedral Administration Block, Stensera Road, Lubaga - Adjacent to St. Mary's Cathedral
- Rukungiri Branch - 910 Kinyasono Road, Rukungiri
- Soroti Branch - 36 Gweri Road, Soroti
- Tororo Branch - 3 Uhuru Drive, Tororo
- Wakiso Branch - 214 Main Street, Wakiso
- Wobulenzi Branch - 249 Gulu Road, Wobulenzi
- Banking in Uganda
- List of banks in Uganda
- List of tallest buildings in Kampala
- Asset allocation among commercial banks in Uganda
- Centenary Bank (16 March 2018). "Annual Report for the Twelve Months Ended 31 December 2017" (PDF). Kampala: Centenary Bank. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- Bank of Uganda (31 March 2017). "List of Licensed Commercial Banks As At 31 March 2017" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- Google (2 June 2018). "Location of the headquarters of Centenary Bank, Kampala, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- EABW Staff (17 June 2012). "Uganda's Largest Bank Opens Towers". East African Business Week (EABW) via AllAfrica.com. Kampala. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Julian (20 May 2016). "The 8 Biggest Banks In Uganda (As At May 2016)". Nairobi: Naibuzz.com. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- Vision Reporter (6 January 2010). "Centenary Bank's Performance Is Exemplary And Impressive". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Namukoye, Geoffrey (21 August 2012). "Kamuli Welcomes Centenary Bank". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Kulabako, Faridah (29 February 2012). "Fraud a threat to banking, says Centenary boss". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Odomel, James (16 March 2009). "Centenary Goes To Ntungamo". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 14 November 2016.