Centennial Airlines (Spain)
Centennial Airlines MD-83 at Düsseldorf Airport
|Fleet size||Fleet below|
|Headquarters||Palma de Mallorca, Spain|
Owing to fierce competition from other airlines that pushed charter fares down, the airline's relatively small size compared to its Northern European competitors and the lack of significant amounts of passenger bookings during the winter season, Centennial Airlines soon faced serious financial difficulties. Finally Centennial Airlines went bankrupt in 1995 and ceased operations in 1996.
An investigation regarding the apparent fraudulent bankruptcy of the company followed. The accused were the former administrators of Centennial Airlines SA, including its Honorary President, Francisco Carrión Orfila, a prestigious Spanish entrepreneur and former owner of the Menorca-based 'El Caserío' cream cheese factory. Mr. Carrión would be later acquitted of all charges.
- ICAO Code: CNA (not current)
- España: Un juez instruye la posible quiebra fraudulenta de Centennial Airlines
- Onespotter - Centennial Airlines
- Directorio de empresas - Centennial Airlines SA
- Rigas Doganis, Flying Off Course: The Economics of International Airlines. Page 161
- AJ Es Mercadal. Francisco Carrión, uno de los herederos de El Caserío, reclama 1,2 millones por falsedad. Menorca, 18 March 2008
- Planespotters - Centennial Airlines